Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot select 5.000Mhz in general coverage mode

K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Select BAND, GEN. The radio comes up as 1.000 MHZ. Click on 1.000 so it is highlited, enter 5.000, the frequency returns to 1.000 and the box to enter the frequency, dissappears, so cannot change the frequency by typing it in. If I activate a 2nd slice, I can enter in a frequency of 5.0 MHZ.

Comments

• Army Curtis
    Army Curtis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    I cannot duplicate this behavior on my 6700. Following your steps above, the slice jumps to 5.000 MHz just fine. Of course, that frequency is off the edge of the panadapter screen opened when the slice was originally on 1.000 MHz, but the little bug appears on the right side of the panadapter screen showing the slice is off-screen to the right at 5.000. Double clicking on the "bug" shifts the panadapter so the slice at 5.000 is centered, and WWV is loud and clear. So, I'm not sure what to tell you. In the words of the old microwave tech, "the trouble is leaving here fine" ;o)) 73, Army AE5P
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Got it! You are correct! There is a little display on the right of the screen with a right arrow showing "TX A> (Line feed)5000". Clicking on that brings up the 5.000 frequency along with the frequency box at the top. Looks like this is a "George error". No action necessary.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Requires a "Double Click".
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That little "bug" on the side of the display is easy to miss. In future releases, after the major performance issues are fixed or added, I hope that this and many other display parameters will be adjustable.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.