Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot Transmit Using Remote from Laptop - SmartSDR 1.4.0

Gary Robertson - KY5R
Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I cannot transmit when using the SmartSDR's 1.4.0 remote capability from my Apple notebook when using parallels. Everything else works just fine. I can run 1.4.0 and can hear received audio just fine when using my Logitech USB headphones. I just can't get my transmitted audio out. 

I have DAX 1 selected both in both pull down panels and the blue DAX is active. I have PC selected for the microphone. In the Sound/Recording section, the USB Logitech headphone is selected as the default microphone. I made sure that it is set to 48000. When I talk into the Logitech microphone, I can see the bars move beside it in the Sound/Microphone section.

After raising the RF Power to about 5 watts out and hitting the MOX button and talking into the microphone, I see no audio being transmitted out of the radio and nothing reflected in the panadapter showing modulation.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

Open the DAX control panel. Go to the system tray and right click the DAX icon and select show control panel. Make sure the DAX channel you selected has the TX button red. Also when you talk make sure the TX bar graph shows audio while talking.

Dave, wo2x

• Gary Robertson - KY5R
    edited February 2020
    Thanks David. I had already made sure that the TX button was red in the selected DAX channel. I even selected another DAX channel just to make sure that DAX 1 was not bad for some reason. However, when I transmit, the TX bar graph does not move at all for either DAX 1 or DAX 2, if it is selected. It appears that transmit does not engage DAX at all. Should my default in the Sound/Recording section be DAX 1 instead of the Logitech USB headset? Thanks for your help.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I would think it should be dax1 as that is the rout your using
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I'm not familiar with Parallels. There may be a setting that is not correct. In the Windows environment in parallels you need to set the headset to default recording device. Howard can comment as he uses that all the time. Dave
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Remote Audio doesn't use DAX. You can turn it off.
  • Gary Robertson - KY5R
    edited February 2020
    Fantastic! Turned DAX off and everything works great! I can both receive and transmit audio now using my laptop. Thanks so much George!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.