Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot register with SmartLink 6500 new firmware

James Lee
James Lee Member ✭✭
updated firmware 6500, which has never had problems to date. When I click icon to open SDR  I get invitation to register with Smart Link. Pressing "register" button does nothing. 

Answers

• JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Are you using Internet Explorer 10 on your computer? If so, please upgrade to IE11 and you will be able to register. Most web sites no longer accept IE10 due to security issues.
  • James Lee
    James Lee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi John:  thanks for the tip.  i do not use Internet Explorer on this new PC that I just bought for "shack use only".  My problem disappeared when I finally did something correctly (?) and registration suddenly took place and suddenly my screen lit up.  The 6500 is back on the air and just worked somebody on 40 CW, all seems dandy now except propagation of course lousy.

Jim'
    NK7B
  • JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Sorry - no easy software download to fix propagation!
  • James Lee
    James Lee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    HA HA.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Smart SDR version 5.0 will fix propogation in 2023 when it's released.
  • James Lee
    James Lee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have now fallen from my chair laughing and broken left ankle.  My attorney will be contacting you, 
    HI.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.