Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot Download SSDR 2.0

Jerry W2TXB
Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
I have been reading numerous posts from those who have successfully downloaded and installed SSDR 2.0, but I am now on my tenth attempt to download a complete and working ~51-mb file. The download fails, usually during the first half of the process. If I select 'resume', it continues for a while, then fails again. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome all yield the same problem. If I manage to download the complete file, the Update (the radio) portion fails.

Also, I set up an account for the license, and received a response that the account is working. Does this start the license period. despite not having a complete and working download?

The radio is connected to my network via WiFi and there has never been a problem with software upgrades since new (a couple of years ago). Just for fun, I tried downloading the software on a "hard wired" PC, and had the same problem. My Internet speed is Ping = 21, Download = 3.11, and Upload = 10.77... is this sufficient?

Is there something I am missing here? I plan to attempt yet another download sometime after 0300 (but before 0700), in the event the servers are just overloaded. Maybe...

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    I am totally confused.  If you can't download the Installer how did you setup an account since you do that using SmartSDR v2.0.17?

Where did you set up an account?

The web servers are not overloaded.   I just did a download in about 10 seconds, but I have a VERY fast fiber connection.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This is certainly not the standard experience most have had...

I would suggest these steps...
    Delete any partially downloaded copies, or move them to a different directory.
    Clear your internet Cache...
    Reboot your computer.
    Check your internet connection with DSLreports.com to make sure you haven't had a problem creep in.
    Connect with hardwire to eliminate WiFi problems..

Try again

Ken - NM9P
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I signed in and verified the account through "SmartLink Login <no-reply@auth0user.net>". At that time, I had downloaded the file, but then found out it was corrupted. The file required more than 25 minutes to finally download.

Using Time Warner/Spectrum cable internet, and previous downloads of SSDR came through within a few minutes.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Did all of that several times, and DSLReports showed this: [img]http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/19155330.png[/img]

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Maybe you could find a friend who could download it and put it on a thumb drive. Now you can blame the thumb drive.

• Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Not looking to blame anybody nor anything... just wanting to get it downloaded and installed. ;)
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I just downloaded the 2.0.17 installer and it took 2 minutes with my Spectrum cable internet.   

---Gary WB8ROL
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I signed in and verified the account through "SmartLink Login <no-reply@auth0user.net>". At that time, I had downloaded the file, but then found out it was corrupted.

I don't recall seeing anything like that.

Did you download the installer from here?

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v2-0-17_installer-exe/

This video helped me https://youtu.be/Umt3q0Uwk0Y  Easy enough I could do it. I didn't un-install anything, but I did close DAX/CAT and power down the radio and pwr supply before starting.

I also had to do this https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/v2-0-for-those-connecting-their-radios-directly-to-... 

since my internet connection is via AT&T WIFI. 6500 straight to the computer, no router to plug into. Smartlink doesn't work, but I was able to finish the upgrade register. 

If you have already looked at the video, read the links and followed the directions, I'm out of ideas.

I know diddly about software and routers. I just follow the directions/suggestions of those who do. Thanks to them for sharing.

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Delete cookies in your browser.... you will solve the problem

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
  • WG5D
    WG5D Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jerry,

You mentioned the stats on your internet speed test " Ping = 21, Download = 3.11, and Upload = 10.77". This indicates a network problem to me - typically download speeds are ~5x higher than upload speeds. Your ping time is fine.

I would begin with powering off your router for at least one minute to fully reset your internet connection, power back on, and then try it again. If that does not work, there could be an issue with your ISP, or you could have some other hardware and/or configuration problems such as another firewall somewhere in the mix or incorrect MTU settings on your computer. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you can't get this working.

Phil - WG5D
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    OK... making some progress here... hauled the old reliable ThinkPad with me to a doc appointment and, while in the waiting room, connected to their WiFi. Downloaded the entire 51.6 Mb file without interruption in ~30 seconds. Now that is the download speed (Ping = 1, Download = 26, and Upload = 63) and connectivity I am used to! :) When I get home, I will use the old tried and true "SneakerNet" method to transfer (copy) the install file to the desktop PC and see how it works out from there.

When I get home, I will check the speed there again to see if Time Wiener/Sprectum has fixed their system. If not, a phone call to them will be next... that should be interesting.

Many thanks to all for the assistance here... will post up if there are any more problems.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Update: Arrived home and checked my Internet connection. Out of the cable modem the Download speed was >120; Upload and Ping were markedly faster as well. Did several reboots and got the speed through the (five year old Netgar WNDR4500) router up to ~81 on download, and was able to download SSDR. Will deal with the rest of that later.

On to SSDR... I installed it and all went quickly and smoothly, except now I am getting the "License Required" message. Hit "Refresh" and no change. The radio is a Limited Edition, which I believe includes the software license (or not?). Will have to address this in another thread.image
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think there were others having the same problem,,a help ticket should address it
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    Jerry, Open a HelpDesk ticket so we can validate your license.  Make sure to include in your ticket that you have an LE radio
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Tim,

I just filed a support ticket; thanks again.

Jerry
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    With Dudley's help, the problem will soon be solved... network switch is en route from Amazon.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Just tried obtaining the installer , nothing downloading when I click on the link.
    Andy K3UK
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Switching from Chrome to Edge solved the issue
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    I test the web site extensively on Chrome (and FF, Edge and Safari (iOS)) and the download worked here.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I am wondering how much the ability to download is affected by the security and privacy settings of a particular browser... used to run into this with downloading updates to the UConnect (and sometimes UDon'tConnect ;) )stuff from Chrysler. Safari for Windows (RIP :( ) worked flawlessly and quickly, probably because it's settings were normally pretty weak.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Update: The network switch arrived today and I connected everything as suggested. Connected to the radio and it worked instantly; it registered the radio, and appears good to go. Although I will not be able to use SmartLink for the time being, I did the setup anyway.

Thanks again. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.