Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot Configure N1MM+ to Work with SSDR/6300

Options
Fred-NA2U
Fred-NA2U Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am about at my wits' end. 

I had N1MM+ working with SSDR (v1.5.1.70).  Radio on Com4, keying on Com6 (followed instructions from Thomas, DK1EY).  The keying only worked briefly.  Now I somehow have lost radio control (Radio # 1, FLEX-6000 Series on COM 4 is not responding).  Restore the radio interface polling connection and click Retry below, or right-click on the Bandmap for this radio and choose 'Reset Radios' to restart the connection.) and no keying. 

I tried following Sergey's (R5AU) post on How To: Setup of N1MM+ for Keying the Flex 6x00 via CWX instructions and still no luck.  Now I don't have either radio control or CW transmit.  The radio is of no use to me unless I can get N1MM+ working properly.  I've had the radio almost two weeks and I've spent hours trying to configure with N1MM+.  All is well with DXLAB but I need the rig for contesting and that is N1MM+.

Any further advice on solving this problem?

Fred/NA2U

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am not an expert by any means, but the advice given in SmartCAT to use COM 4 to connect to the radio is a red herring in that it hardly ever seems to work. The only way I have been able to get any program to connect and work with the rig is to create a new COM port for each program and not to be afraid to create any more that may be needed. I do not seem to have too much trouble in getting things working. I would suspect that another app has snatched one of you COM ports. Try pressing the 'refresh' button in SmartCAT for further info as to what is using each port.

Do not panic. If my advice does not help, there are many people here who will be able to get you going.

Good luck.
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Fred,

as I just offered: Setup a TeamViewer account, and we can work through it together. I did that a few times the last months with other fellow hams and none of them ended up with a not working system.

Please do not hesitate to contact me and we will make your system run!

VY73
    Thomas
    DK1EY
  • N4FP
    N4FP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Fred, I have the 6300 running well with N1MM Plus. N1MM keys the 6300 and all macros can be configured so the 6300 recognizes the commands. CWX is still available independent of N1MM. I will be returning home tonight and will send you details tomorrow. It is a very easy set up and only takes a couple of minutes. Wayne, N4FP The Villages, FL
  • N4FP
    N4FP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    This is my setup for N1MM + and the Flex 6300.
    In CAT 1.5.1 I defined virtual ports pair 4/14.  You can define whatever pair you want.  Under Main, Radio Model Flex-6300, I set Connect 3rd Party Program to Port:  COM4 (Change this as necessary).  CAT needs to be running when you are keying with N1MM Plus. If you terminate CAT, N1MM loses the connection to the radio.   In Smart SDR 1.5.1, Settings, Radio Setup, Radio Tab, Focus Helper, I set the program to N1MM, UDP Port 12060, Delay 1100.   This makes sure that focus returns to N1MM after you make a change on the SSDR screen.   Configure N1MM Plus, Config, Configure Ports, Hardware, Port COM4 (or what you define), Radio Flex-6000 Series, check CW/Other, Details Set, SO1V.  In Config, Change your station data, enter your Call.  I think that is all I had to do.  Change the defined COM port to whatever you want to use.   All the macros work.  Here are the macros I have defined for CWOPS CWT.  The ~ are inserted as a non-defined morse character, which makes it a space.

## N1MM Logger+ CW Default Function Key File#
    # This file can be used in most CW contests that have a simple exchange
    # The {EXCH} macro uses the contents of the Sent Exchange box in the contest setup
    # The {SENTRSTCUT} defaults to 5NN or allows manual entry of signal report
    # F5 uses "!" macro for his callsign
    # Do not use the {CALL} macro in place of the ! macro
    # S&P F1 calls QRL? before placing the program in RUN mode for calling CQ
    #
    # To respond to caller, send F5 then F2, or ; (default exchange key) or 
    #   Insert, or Enter in ESM
    #
    #
    ###################
    #   RUN Messages 
    ################### 
    # CWOPS CWT
    F1 Cq, {CAT1ASC KY  cwt {MYCALL};}
    F2 Exch, {CAT1ASC KY ~ {EXCH};}
    #F2 Exch, {CAT1ASC KY ~ 5nn {EXCH};}  (used for contests with 599 exchange)
    # F2 Exch,{CAT1ASC KY ~ 5NN ~ {ROVERQTH};}   (used when roving mobile in state QSO party)
    F3 Tu,{CAT1ASC KY tu {MYCALL} ;}
    F4 {MYCALL},{CAT1ASC KY {MYCALL};}
    # F4 {MYCALL},{CAT1ASC KY {MYCALL}/~ {ROVERQTH};}
    F5 His Call,{CAT1ASC KY !;}
    F6 Repeat, {CAT1ASC KY 1090;}
    F7 ?, {CAT1ASC KY ?;}
    F8 Agn,{CAT1ASC KY agn;}
    F9 Nr?,{CAT1ASC KY nr?;}
    F10 Call?,{CAT1ASC KY cl?;}
    #F11 Empty,
    F11 Qrl?,{CAT1ASC KY qrl? ;}
    F12 Wipe,{WIPE}
    #
    ###################
    #   S&P Messages 
    ###################
    ## F1 Qrl?,{CAT1ASC KY qrl? de {MYCALL};}
    F1 Qrl?,{CAT1ASC KY qrl? ;}
    F2 Exch,{CAT1ASC KY ~ {EXCH};}
    #F2 Exch,{CAT1ASC KY ~ 5NN {EXCH};}
    # F2 Exch,{CAT1ASC KY ~ 5NN ~ {ROVERQTH};} 
    F3 Tu,{CAT1ASC KY tu;}
    F4 {MYCALL},{CAT1ASC KY {MYCALL};}
    # F4 {MYCALL},{CAT1ASC KY {MYCALL}/~ {ROVERQTH};}
    F5 His Call,{CAT1ASC KY  !;}
    F6 Repeat,{CAT1ASC KY {EXCH} {EXCH};}
    F7 Empty,  
    F8 Agn,{CAT1ASC KY agn;}
    F9 Nr?,{CAT1ASC KY nr?;}
    F10 Call?,{CAT1ASC KY cl?;}
    F11 Qrl?,{CAT1ASC KY qrl? ;}
    F12 Wipe,{WIPE}

SSDR CWX sending is still available if needed, independent of N1MM.  

Hope this helps.

73, Wayne, N4FP
    n4fp.wayne@gmail.com
  • Fred-NA2U
    Fred-NA2U Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks, Wayne.  I have this set up mostly like you describe above.  The BIGGEST single find for me was accidentally noticing that CAT had to actually be opened.  I thought i was opening when SSDR opened.  I couldn't figure out why I would have radio control one minute and the next minute it would be gone.

I have found a couple of shortcomings keying the F-keys using CAT commands in the definitions.  If you have solutions for these I would appreciate knowing how to correct:  1.  I have been unable to find a way to stop the F1 CQ message using the ESC key or by typing in the Entry window.  2.  Page Up/Page Down keys to not increase/decrease keying speed.  Neither of these situations would be acceptable when contesting.  Any ideas?
  • N4FP
    N4FP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Fred:
    You can stop N1MM sending by tapping the keyer paddle connected to your rig.  

I have found no way to change the SSDR cw speed from N1MM.  

73, Wayne, N4FP

• Fred-NA2U
    Fred-NA2U Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lots going on here, Wayne.  Sorry for the late reply but I just saw your post above.  I never thought to tap the key to stop the CAT CW message.  That's huge.  Many thanks.  It will come in very handy in the 10 meter contest this weekend.

73 from the desert........Fred/NA2U
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Fred, you are right , some caveats and limitatations are exist -  impossible to use ESC to stop CW sending, you know, in case of CWX operations CW buffer send completed in fiew of msec. and opposite with COM port  - dot by dot, pause by pause etc. i mean with CWX no chance to stop it with ESC untill N1MM team will implement CWX control into N!MM SW, unfortunately, but in oppostite side we are able to use any remote wihtout  hadnake  +  impossible to use dinamic CW speed during what we are using normally with N1MM : 50wpm with CQ TEST 30wpm with CALL and 50wpm with TEST,  you know.

P.S. to ALL from my side, are somebody tried with http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/so2r-mode-with-n1mm-for-the-flex-6700-how-to-guide-pdf/ ?

issue is i can't get simulatious recieve from both slice, FDX=ON, different bands, different ANT for both bands selected., one slice alway still muted.
    pls advise.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.