Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can we limit how many pairs of DAX we install?

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
creating 8 sets of DAX: I wonder if anyone will really have all 8 slices set to 8 different digital devices at the same time. Would it be feasable to ask "how many pairs of DAX do you want to install?" I have a 6500, and would really only need 4 sets. Or is there some other use for DAX other then digital modes?
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    DAX = Digital Audio x-fer and not Digital Mode Audio x-fer Audio is not only Digital Modes
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Unfortunately, I just found that DAX filled up the 8 possible choices in one of my NON Flex programs with DAX AUDIO RX and removed a VAC choice that I needed. I don't think removed is the correct word. But what DAX seems to do, is 'overwrite' existing sound card choices so that it can be replaced with a DAX choice. Unfortunately not all Digital programs allow 20 or more sound choices. Mine was very generous allowing 15 but that wasn't enough obviously. This does need looking at by the boys at flex. Overwrite existing settings of working programs is not a good thing. LOL I have confidence that the guys in Austin will come up with a fix. But until then I investigate how to remove just one DAX so I can replace it with a VAC. That's the funny anomaly....A program that was used by Flex for the earlier radios is removed from the computer by a program created to be used by the new radios. LOL
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I disabled the DAX channels that I am not currently using, at least until the programs have a better way of dealing with this number of sound devices.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I fixed the DAX overcrowding I was able to return my digital programs to working by: Going to the Control Panel, Sound and 'disabling' DAX sound cards 6 and 7 on both recording and playback. This allowed my previous VAC soundcard 1 and 2 to be reinstated after a reboot. Don't forget to do a Restore Point before doing any changes. Good luck

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.