Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I use VAC with a 6.5 and SmartSDR?

Options
Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited January 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm confused! "what new?" All the talk about DAX, I got the impression I must wait to use my 6.5K on digital. But I saw a post, maybe I misunderstood, but can I use my paid for version of VAC also? I've asked a few on this site privately but didn't get a reply. If so...pse advise. pse & tu

Answers

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Bill, You cannot use VAC with SmartSDR. DAX (Digital Audio eXchange) is a feature that will be added to SmartSDR in a later release. It will provide the functionality that VAC provides for PowerSDR. The difference is that DAX will be a part of SmartSDR, not an external 3rd party program that you mist purchase. PowerSDR has the capability built into it to connect to VAC, SmartSDR does not. Until DAX is implemented, you must use a hardware soundcard interface, such as a RigBlaster or similar, connected to the accessory connecter. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks Ray That's what I 'thought'. But then I saw something that made me think I misunderstood. Neil just showed a easy minimal cable mess system using my sound card. I'll use that till Dax. Thank you again. PS, I use so many of your little apps. Even the Voice device, seeing as my throat only has so many calls left in it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.