Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I setup a remote for my Elmer who now resides in a Retirement Village? Is there a tutorial?

Options
Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Question concerning 'Remote' operation. My Elmer has moved to a retirement center and is NOT allowed to set up a station. So I'm wondering...how complicated will it be for him/me to set it us so he can remote to my Flex and operate? He's in Madison WI, and I'm next door to Ohare Field/Chicago.

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have ran my Flex 5K and 3K remote using the RCForb software on which is a cool and well working Remote base platform that has good 2-way audio. The only thing is it gives you a normal looking Radio operating environment with out the PAN Adapter screen but most of the controls are there. This can be used anywhere in the world with out a lot of setup on the client (user) side of things. I have NOT set up my Flex 6.7K yet but see NO reason why it wont work except for the limited amount of similar and working CAT commands. If your running the Flex 6K series you will be able to do this when the Software supports Multiuser over the internet operation which is coming later in 2014 if I remember right. Oh Yea RCForb will work with almost any radio that does CAT commands for operation in case you don't want to use your FLEX, I run a Yaesu FT-897 out of our EOC for remote operation. http://www.remotehams.com/ 73's and hope this will be useful to you Merry Christmas Bret WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.