Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I have 2 separate versions of PowerSDR on my computer?

I am currently using PowerSDR v 2.4.4 built by SV1EIA with my Softrock Ensemble RXTX. It has gotten me started in SDR, I'm really liking it, and I'm ready to move up. I just purchased a Flex-3000 and will be downloading a current version of PowerSDR for that radio. Can two versions of PSDR co-exist without problems? Can I download a newer version without changing/updating the previous version? Thanks for the advise.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Yes, you can run multiple instances of FlexRadio Systems PowerSDR and connect to two different FLEX software defined radios as long as both radios are not connected to the PC via a Firewire connection.  This is described in the PowerSDR Release Notes if you need additional information.

And Yes, you can run two different version of FlexRadio Systems PowerSDR at the same time as they are installed independently of one another.
  • Allen Burrell
    Allen Burrell Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, Looking forward to the arrival of my Flex-3000!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.