Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I access my 6500 through a "shared" internet connection?

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have my 6500 connected directly to my Lenovo desktop via the CAT5 connection. I have a WiFi dongle feeding my internet to the desktop. Can I, at this point, access the 6500 from my laptop in the other room via the WiFi connection by "sharing" my internet connection with my laptop? I haven't seen anyone address this possibility. I do not have hard wire connection to the ham shack, but would love to "play" with it on my laptop in the living room. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    If you mean by using the ICS option in windows then I would suspect not, although I have not tried it. When you use ICS it uses internal subjecting that you have no control over, so if the Flex is on a different subnet than the internal subnet that ics creates I can imagine it not having access. Would be interesting to try though. And someone may have already. One option would be a wireless bridged hub in the shack, so you would then have a connection that you could connect to. Something like a DAP-1522 from Dlink.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.