Can you make my 6500 startup from the maestro?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I would like to be able to work stations while on vacation using my Maestro. I do not want to leave the radio turned on all the time. At this time the radio will not turn on when power is turned on. If I would be able to use the Maestro to turn it on. Can this be done?
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 3870 Posts
  • 1177 Reply Likes
Official Response
It is not necessary to have a computer turned on in the shack to operate the remote on/off of the 6000 series.

You can use a WiMo or Neo wifi remote AC switch to activate a normally open relay that will do the job. These devices have iPad, iPhone and perhaps Android applications that control the relays.

The NEO is about $23 US on Amazon. There is an AC switched relay on Amazon for about $8.95 that is already in a case with AC leads and screw terminals for the relay contacts.

So for $30 US you can have a working remote power on/off for your 6000.

I have posted the links in another post. I will try to repost them when I get near my regular computer.

If you want to remotely control your power supply, top, get another NEO or WiMo and use that to control the PS.

Some ops use a third one to power off their shack computer if needed for other functions like antenna rotor or amplifier control.
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3470 Posts
  • 1334 Reply Likes
Official Response

I remote from all over the world for a good part of the year.

I use 3 WEMO remote switches.

1. Power to Computer  (Computer set to auto boot on power on)

2.  Power to DC Supply (12V to all station peripherals)

3.  Remote on/off switch to 6700

I control the WEMO from an iPad/iPhone App

Has worked flawlessly for at least 3 years now.

Total investment under $100

No need to try anything complicated