Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can we work full-duplex (Satellite mode) with DEMO LDPA on 2mtr and a 70cm/10m Tranverter?

WA6FXT Mike
WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm looking to do Satellite work using my 6700, if I can. I have a 144MHz Low Drive Power Amp (LDPA) w/Rx Pre-Amp designed by Down East Microwave Inc. (DEMI) for the F6700. I want to use the second SCU on 432 using a DEMO 432MHz to 28MHz transverter. This will require full-duplex operation, also.

Is it or will it be possible?

Answers

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited December 2014

I have just ordered the 432/28 transverter from DEMI. As soon as it arives I will try. I have already the 2m LPDA in use.   My first attemps with transmitting low power at 28 Mhz on ANT1 and at the same time receiving om 144 MHz on XVTR showed a normal panadaptor display for 144 Mhz but the sound output was internal muted. 

• WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    How do you plan on using the XVTR port for both units? Or do you plan on using the 100W transmitter (Turned down) as the driver?
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited December 2014

The XVTR can only be used for just one band at the same time, Or as a transmitter or as a receiver. So We have to use the turned down an attenuated 100W output for transmitting.  Or always use the XVTR for transmitting and receive on 28-30 MHz band. This is the most save way of working I think.

What is Your intension ? TX on 144 and RX on 432 , the other way around , or should both situations be possible ? As soon I have my 432/28 transverter , we ( pa0wmr and me )  wanted to start experimenting full duplex , cross band EME communication.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.