Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can the VFO operation be changed?

Currently the VFO makes the slice move back and forth over a stationary spectrum. Can this be reversed, i.e. can the slice remain stationary while the spectrum moves back and forth? If this is not currently possible, I would suggest it as an option for a future build of SSDR.

73, Bill W6WRT

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Bill,
    While not currently possible, that idea has been suggested  a few times.  Here is one of the idea posts below.  I think it covers the option you would like to see.  Maybe consider adding a comment and your vote. 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/locking-the-panafall-reposted-as-an-idea

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Others have requested that behavior, that slice A is always center freq on the panadapter. This is actually what I implemented in XPSSDR, the first slice freq is bound to the pan center freq such that as the slice changes the pan center freq changes also. The net effect is the pan changes under the slice. It would not make sense to have non-first slices on a pan force that behavior. The net result of this is a pile up target is center pan with the listening to the right of center.

Is that what you had in mind? My thinking is perhaps it makes more sense being 1/3 left to right, giving 2/3 of the pan to the 'crowd'.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I would like to see this as an option, but not all the time. When I am working a split pileup, I put the DX all the way to the left and spread out the pileup to the right. Then I can use the zoom to see all the CW signals in the "mob." I don't need to see anything to the left of the dx station. But there are other times it would be nice to have the display slide under the main slice as I tune. Perhaps even being able to lock the slice to my choice of position in the panadapter.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I concur with the slice remaining stationary as an option.
    Maybe in one of the next SSDR updates ? ;-)
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    For my $200, there are things I'd much prefer FRS address, in the black box. I think concierge control surfaces are better addressed by third party offerings.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It would be nice to have the options to select the present display, having a single slice centered, or having all of the slices centered.   There are times when  I have multiple slices and it would be nice if I was able to easily have all of them on the display without having to resize and slide the display left and right until I have it where I can see all of the slices.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Norm, do you mean have the software automatically resize? Slice A bottom of cw slice B top of phone means entire band is displayed?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.