Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can the N3FJP AC Logging program read band, frequency, mode, etc. data from a Flex 6300?

Jim Crisman
Jim Crisman Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am using the N3FJP Amateur Contact logging program (Ver. 5.6).  How do I get the frequency, band and mode data from my Flex 6300 to populate the AC Logging program while entering a new contact?  Do I use the DDUtil program?  I am currently using DDUtil to send band data to my ALS-1300 amplifier successfully using a parallel port.  Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I use N3FJP ACLog for my general loggings.  Yes it can read it.  Check the SmartSDR CAT application that should be running and take note of the COM port number it auto assigned at the top of the app for Slice A.  Usually it's com 4. 

Go into N3FJP's rig setup and pick Flex, ComXX where X is the number you checked in SmartSDR CAT.   Click Test and it should read the frequency and mode just fine.
  • KC7ES
    KC7ES Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Agreed! The only shortcoming I have is that AC Log reports SSB for digital qso's when the 6300 is in the dig-u mode. I have to edit the qso and pull down the correct mode (JT-65,etc).
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I agree. Mike va3mw
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I recommend contacting N3FJP and reporting the bug.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Seems the last update (version 5.8) added the Flex API to the list of radio settings,  Tried it and its nice to see . . .

1) the SmartSDR pop-up box tell you that there was an IP connection made.

2) the frequency and mode ( yup - DIGU DIGL RTTY  etc. ) come into the logger without the use of SmartCat,  You can always default the modes to JT65 or a pile of others if you want . .  anyway . . .

lets hope other software developers jump on the API / IP connection bandwagon for the Flex radio.   And if you do NOT like the API, this program lets you continue to use the SmartCat COM port interface, so you still have a choice.

Oh - I have not tested the Cluster grabing, CW keying or any other use of the program, just now configured the radio settings and saw this enhancement.  I am always a bit behind on implementing things.  Too much time in the bush or on the water.

Cheers!

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I work with Scott when dealing with the PAQSO party. He's very responsive.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Scott does support API for Flex, works fine with my ACLog image
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just updated ACLog to the new version 5.8 and it is nice. API interface was easy to set up. It reads freq and mode from whichever of four slices is active. Voice keyer is nice and now works with DAX. DX spots load well. As I change active slices the spotter band maps follow the new slice's band. Nice job. N3FJP just kept me on as a user of ACLog by fixing several of the shortcomings that frustrated me.

Ken -NM9P
    6500 user

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.