Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can not log in to SmartLink setup

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I
had set up my desktop computer and my lap top with Smartlink and it all seemed
to be OK, but I never got around to using it remotely except for one shot at local Krystal restaurant. It seemed to be working. My Son came in from Florida and I thought that it would be a great test for us to set up his laptop with Smartlink and SSDR so I could get him to test out the link before I visit him next month, and then the problem showed up, when we tried to sign up or log in to Smartlink.
Got the Radio Chooser screen OK and it selected and operated the 6700 locally fine. when we selected the Blue Log In button we got the Smartlink Login screen OK but after entering my e-mail address and password the program just closes and doesn't seem to do any thing else.
I can not get past this point.
The desktop still works OK to get into the Smartlink set up screens as can be seen in the attached screen shots (nbr 1 to 5) as did my laptop until I had the bright idea to try and change my password which I did successfully, but now my laptop and my sons laptop are both the same and I can not get past the Smartlink set up screen.
I originally set the Smartlink system up using an earlier version of SSDR V2 and now I am running V2.1.32, I wonder if that might be the problem. I have no idea what I'm missing but I know there is something that is missing.
HELP PLEASE!
FLEX 6700

Al, N4ABimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I would consider starting with the recently released 2.1.33 which seems to have fixed some recent SmarkLink issues. Good luck Al.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    V2.1.32 has SmartLink sign in issues and v2.1.33 was released a few days ago to fix this. 
    All devices you log in with need to use the same version of Software.

I would bet that V2.1.32 is causing you some issues and frustration with SmartLink.

give it a try and let us know
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I suddenly had the same issue you describe last week. I upgrade to the latest version and all was normal again. One difference, I had to log in ( email and password) the first time I used smartlink after upgrading. Log in was automatic and normal after that. Watts K4QJZ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    This is because all previous security tokens were expired in order to create new ones.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    Upgrade to SmartSDR v2.1.33
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks to everyone who answered my call for help. Loaded V2.1.33 and the problem disappeared.
    I had already downloaded the new version and read the release notes about the Log In problem with SSDR and the Maestro. But I was hesitant to install the upgrade before my problem was resolved on the already installed version. I've done that before (not with SSDR) and wound up with a snowball going downhill at an increasing violent speed, to a point where you just go buy a new computer and start over from scratch.
    Thanks again, Al, 73.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.