Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I use the Maestro in a 6600M to operate another radio, i.e. a 6700?

N5CQ
N5CQ Member ✭✭
I know a 6600M can be controlled with it's own internal Maestro, and I presume it can also be controlled by an external Maestro or a remote PC. My question is, can the Maestro in the front of the 6600M be used to access another remote Flex, or can it only talk to it's 'designated partner'?

73 John N5CQ

Answers

• Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi John, The 6600M console can only control the internal 6600 radio. It cannot be a client to other radios that might be on the LAN or WAN. Mike, WB8CXO
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Here's the reply I got when I asked the same question:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/another-v3-6600m-question
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    This is a good question.  This functionality doesnt exist right now.. but it could.. I suppose partially.  The difference is in the details.   the M-panel lacks the keyer and audio interfaces that the Maesto has. you may ask "but there are keying and audio interfaces on the back of the 6600-M, so why not just use those?"  The devil is in the details.   those keying and audio interfaces are associated with the Radio on the 6600-M and not the control interface as they are on a Maestro.  So getting full remote control functionality out of a 6600-M would be vastly more complex than Maestro, and would involve the use of the onboard radio as well.  But there are many things possible, and perhaps the team will work on something like this in the future.
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    A good reason to choose a separate Maestro.
  • Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I agree with Martin.  I own a Majestro and rarely use it except remote (which probably would be better with a good laptop).  I see no sense buying M versions-they were designed for "knob lovers".  The PC software is vastly superior to the Majestro's functionally.  Sorry- a 5 year flex users remarks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.