Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I use PC headset to my Maestro

I have new Maesrto and I need to use my pc headset on it is there any way to use it

Answers

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If this is a USB headset, the answer is no...

_..--
    k3Tim
  • Maher Dazaz
    Maher Dazaz Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for your reply I am using 3.5 Blug two first for mic and the secund for the phone but sorry mic not work HZ1BL
  • Maher Dazaz
    Maher Dazaz Member
    edited January 2019
    If not what is Your recommendation to buy but reasonable price thank you
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If the headset uses 3.5mm plugs as you describe it will work. Connect the headphone plug to the Maestro headphone out and the Microphone plug to the Mic 2 input on the back of the Maestro.

73 de Gary W4EEY

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I purchased a PC headset mic at BrandSmart for $5.  It works just fine (I needed a 4 connector TRS Y adapter).  I purchased an older unit at a thrift store (brand new in package) for $2 (separate mic and headphone jack).  It also works just fine. 
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Koss SB45 with the 3.5mm plugs works very well.

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-sb45-SB-45-Communication-Stereophones/dp/B00081A2CW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546620275&sr=8-1&keywords=koss+sb45

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Maher Dazaz
    Maher Dazaz Member
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Jay
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Maher

Be careful, Koss also sells a USB version of the SB45, which wont work with a Maestro.

Amazon, and other retailers often list both as SB45's

It uses an Electret microphone which sounds great.
    Quoting from the Maestro user manual ...

4.4.6 Mic 2 Connector
    The MIC 2 connector accepts a 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo (TRS) plug and provides an unbalanced microphone input with optional push to talk input.  The connector may be used with dynamic or electret microphone elements.  A software enabled 2.5V bias voltage may be applied to the Mic (+) line for electret microphones.  See section 30.8, Phone/CW Tab for the details.  CAUTION: Failure to enable bias on some consumer electret microphones may cause the PTT line to be asserted and key the transmitter.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User-created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Maher Dazaz
    Maher Dazaz Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks to All for nice and good support

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.