Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I upgrade when operating remote with Smartlink?

Gene Duprey
Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
I see the update to 3.0.19 has come out today.  I am on a trip and operating remote with my Maestro and using Smartlink.  Can I update when remote or should I wait until back at home to do this?  My radio is a 6500.

Gene, K1GD

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Gene,

IF YOU HAVE VPN access to your radio you can upgrade remotely. Or if you have a PC running in your house/shack you can TeamViewer in and upgrade that way. Otherwise, you'll have to wait.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    AND -- if you have some way of turning on and off both the Flex and power supply. Those rerstarts are very important steps!

• Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Mack & George for the quick reply. I will wait until I get back home next week to do the update. Gene, K1GD
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    The answer is no as you have heard.

That being said, doing it remotely and without a Plan B, is not a good idea.  :)

The DC power cycle is optional and I think I have only done 1 in a few years as an alpha tester.   And, that is a LOT of version changes.

Mike

• Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Michael, I will wait and do the upgrade when I get back next week. Gene, K1GD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.