Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I create a com port without smartSDR running.I would like to use my 6400M as a stand alone.

Albert Schneebeli
Albert Schneebeli Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

How do I create a com port with out smartsdr running?

Answers

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes. Assuming you have installed SmartSDR on your computer you can use SmartSDR Cat application to create a COM port without running SmartSDR.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I assume initial question was “ can I utilize COM port without SSDR running”

Create - yes

Utilize without activated at least one slice - not
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    To be clear, you can create COM ports using SmartSDR CAT without needing to have SmartSDR running on your computer.  You can also use the COM ports with third party applications such as N1MM logger, without running SmartSDR.  SmartSDR CAT has to be running.  Simply have your 6400M turned on with at least one active slice on the panadapter.  I do it all the time with N1MM + and DX Labs commander and DX Keeper apps.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Joe is correct, DAX and CAT are not in SSDR, they are seperate programs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.