Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can audacity send audio to my flex for direct broadcast?

Richard Adkins
Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I want to set up Audacity to send my CQ call with the push of a button.  Is this possible?
Me doing it the old-fashioned way over and over is fine but, not wearing my voice out with calling CQ all night long would be kinda handy.

If not Audacity, perhaps another method that someone might be able to suggest?

Rick K5RHA

Answers

• Andreas Junge
    Andreas Junge Member
    edited April 2019
    Or you can setup N1MM+ with your CQ call and do everything from the logger.

73, Andreas, N6NU

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The neat thing with N1MM is you can set up voice for different contests, or even give numbered exchanges.Even folders for different operators voices. I don't use the incremental numerical changes, but after a long contest it  is nice to have a voice left.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Voice keyer is writen for PSDR? how does one make it work on SSDR?
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It can work on any radio with a sound card interface (DAX) and PTT.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    For those who run a Mac, use the voice keyer builtin macloggerdx and It has its own recorder too.  You will need to also run xDax and xCat and loopback software to get audio path to the flex.   Also you can setup up keyboard short cuts too.

If you are using an M model flex you do not need to run dogparksdr as xDax and xCat make the connections to the radio

here is screen shot of my setup

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Ria
  • Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I just downloaded VoiceKeyer, at a glance that looks to be a pretty darned handy piece of software. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Rick K5RHA
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    A quick easy way to send a CQ is to use the slice recorder, red button, to record your CQ, and then each time you click the Green button on the slice it will announce your CQ message and if you  have the radio on VOX it will key the radio and go out.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I personally use n1mm, but find not having a voice keyer inside smartsdr a weakness of the ecosystem.
  • Andrew
    Andrew Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree Salvador as you could use Flexcontrol to sent the info which always has focus on controlling the flex.

Andrew GM0UDL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.