Bzzarre DAX issue

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Solved
I am running two instances of WSJT-X and started having some issues were the instance on Slice A and  DAX channel 1 was having a hard time decoding.  I could restart everything and it would work fine briefly and then stop decoding. I think on the second or third 15 second interval.   The signal showed on the waterfall but the Band Activity window would stop having new stations added.

After looking closely the signals got fuzzy on the waterfall. Compare the working decode below dotted line in picture to fuzzy non decoding above dotted line in the picture below.

I could put the second instance which was on slice B on the same frequency and it looked fine.

In the end I moved Slice A to DAX channel 3 and am running 2 and 3 now instead of 1 and 2.

I have switched everything around and the levels are fine. Its definitely an issue with DAX channel 1.

So before I strip it off the machine, delete the DAX channels from the device manager and start over I thought I would put a post here to see if anyone has had similar issues and an easier fix.

Rich


Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

  • 1024 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

  • 1024 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Official Response
I worked with Flex support with no resolution. They thought maybe a failing hard drive.

I ended up killing every non crucial application and then starting bringing them back one at a time.

Long story short, I have been running an app that monitors a couple IP cameras around my house and that is not playing well with DAX.

I am running three instances of WSJT-X and working fine.