Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Broken remote PTT

Len Morris
Len Morris Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in DAX
Are we expecting to see a resolution to the broken remote PTT with CatSDR and HRD. Or will we have to wait till January? As an exclusive Digital operator, the 6500 has been turned off.

Answers

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    You don't have to wait... There are many operators using digital modes with their F-6x00 radios. I am mainly interested in that mode too. However, by choice I prefer to wait for the release of DAX. Instead of running physical cables. Regarding CAT and HRD; I am using it with no problems. There is a learning curve; but that's part of the fun and game. I don't know what is your question regarding a "broken remote PTT." Do you have a copy or read the "Flex 6000 Hardware Reference Guide?" page 26 of 34 tells you how to key the PTT. If this is what you want to do. I am enjoying my 6700 while I wait; I am getting to like SSB and CW. As a matter of fact, I will be using it for Sweepstake in November.
  • Paul RN3A
    Paul RN3A Member
    edited October 2013
    Concur with Ernest.. 6000 radios are really SUPERB in Digital modes. And no need to wait - there is an interim solution. I am using my old RigExpert Pro box for this. All you need to do is to install it (or any similar device), assign PTT port and find new audio codecs in your Windows Device Manager, just to make sure it is there. Then you need to construct a cable connecting ACC port (High Density DB15 Male connector for the cable). You need to connect PTT line and two audio cables for RX and TX. Select DIGU (or DIGL) mode, select ACC input on TX pane, adjust audio levels - and you are almost there. Now select PTT port in your Digi App and select right Audio codecs for Audio In and Out. You are up and running now. Enjoy! I am using this setup for Digital modes, including EME on 2m and 23cm. To say nothing of HF bands, of course. I am on the same side here - can't wait for DAX to be available (as well as some other tasty things:)) But the interim solution works well, at least it will let you to survive till DAX are available. If you need detailed guide, please let know, I will post a step-by step procedure on how to do it.
  • Norbert
    Norbert Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Hi Paul, just I'd the idea to start with the same solution and it would be great if you can post a step-by-step procedure. My old RigExpert is on my table and also a DB 15 cable....before I'll heat my iron I wait for your plan. Thanks in advance. Vy 73 Norbert www.dj7jc P.S. Hope to meet you all from S21 in November http://www.mdxc.org/10/bangladesh-2013-press-release-4/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.