Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Broadcast stations on 160

AH0U
AH0U Member
Using my 6700 with a N6RK loop on Rxa I hear different broadcast stations... Mostly southern U.S. and Mexico every ten KC when I turn up the gain to 20 or 30db... Is this normal??

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    If your panadapter display is indicating WIDE then you band preselectors are switched out. On 160 they will switch out if your panadapter spectrum goes below about 1740.  IF your looking at sevral bands at once, your bnad  preselector can be switched out.  WIthout a Band preselector, high preamp settings are likely to overload the input..

AL, K0VM
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    So the 6700 and presumably the 6500 with the preselector in use are fine on 160. 

Right now I use a Flex 5000 that has no broadcast interference on 160. Given that the 6300 does not use preselectors can anyone comment on their experience on 160 using this rig? 
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

I like to listen below the BCB and this problem is very evident as there are no pre-selectors down there; using either a Pixel loop or 80M dipole. 

Two 0dBm BCB stations will mix after the pre-amp (in the front-end protector ESD (diodes)).

There are several BCB filters available that may fit in the loop of OUT-A and IN-A (now called LOOP-A in software).  This filter is very effective.  Sorry I don't have the model information available as it is remote at the moment.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited September 2016
    You are correct.... The challenge is that the WIDE and the gain figure are programmed to occupy the sane place on the screen and the gain figure covers the WIDE so one does not realize the receiver has gone WIDE
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Thank you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.