Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Broadband RFI Interference Destroy's my HF Radio operation Ready to Give Up Ham Radio !

2»

Answers

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Sorry, the light in the unit was so low the two pictures I took didn't show anything useful. The unit is now closed up & I don't want to void my extended warranty by opening it up.

Look at that QST article. It will be more helpful than looking at my installation. I installed around forty two inch long type #31 ferrites but far fewer would probably have been adequate. I suspect that twisting the wire bundles did a great deal of the RFI suppression. These are snap-on and have a 1/2 inch ID for passing RG8 coax. I can't remember the part number but you can search www.mouser.com, that's where I got them.
  • Rhett Aultman
    Rhett Aultman Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I can confirm that it is the August 2016 QST.  The article is "A Tale of Two Air Conditioners" by Robert C. Lee, W0GXA, and appears on page 30.
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Image result for thumbs up emoji
  • Aiden 29 division
    edited January 2017
    Here in Ireland there is severe noise on 11m and across hf after fibre optic broadband has been installed in my area,prob is starting to spread all over Ireland as this broadband spreads, see this video on youtube ( fibre optic install does not cause interference??) bad thing is I cant get anything done about this.
  • Giulio
    Giulio Member
    edited January 2017
    I use xphase2, and I have solved almost all my big problems due to qrm! Ciao! Giulio IZ3EAW
  • Rhett Aultman
    Rhett Aultman Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I was able to show my heat pump installer the QST article, which was short and concise, and he took a copy of it with him during the installation.  He did the best he could to identify the wire leads indicated in the article, and....he found both sets to already be wound around ferrite toroids.  With a little luck, there won't be any problem from my new heat pump!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.