Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Brighter Linework in Panadapter - for improved legibility

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in New Ideas
Color schemes have been mentioned before, and I think the concern is legibility more than just wanting to pick different colors.  On my monitor the line work on the panadapter can be difficult to see clearly.  

As an experiment, I created a snapshot and lightened the lines up.  See the picture below. 
The top is the original -- the bottom is with the lines lightened up a bit.  For me this makes a big difference.

I'm not sure if others would agree but having some control over this would be nice.  This is just another item that could be bundled under the topic of "UI enhancements" as noted in another post.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/idea_to_improve_the_swr_and_power_scale_readability

What do you think,  is this a worthwhile change?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

*** CLICK to enlarge ***

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Please also see the link below to the idea for Panadapter Fill.   Making the frequency lines more visible as suggested above needs to be considered if the trace is filled.  

One solution might be not to fill all the way to the bottom but leave the frequency lines exposed.   Otherwise determining the frequency of a signal could actually be even more difficult.

Another option might be to display the frequency lines in a contrasting color to stand out from the fill. 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/panadapter_display

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Somewhere earlier (I was there was an easily searchable index) I proposed different colors for each slice for improved visibility and ease of differentiation
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Howard,
    Yes there are several requests for user selectable color schemes,  I think yours was one of the first.  I entered a few other GUI improvements also like this one above, the S-Meter improvement, the RF power scale improvement.  And there are a number of others like the option for panadapter fill.   

They are probably low priority for a lot of folks but for some of us, improved visibility and faster determination of the values is important.   I doubt they will rise to the level needed to get on the road map but hopefully at least some of them are being considered.   

Others who are also interested in these type of improvements can search for the ideas and CLICK the LIKE button at the top of each one to add their votes.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Drax
    Drax Member
    edited September 2014
    Need this too

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.