Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Brand new 6600 owner

Bert Sharp
Bert Sharp Member ✭✭
Had a Drake TR4 and a n Icom 7300. The 7300 really opened my eyes to software defined radio but I wanted more...a pure version. Then came Texas Ham-con where I had the chance to compare it to the 7610 and other higher end models. Came away with the 6600 demo with some persuasion. Have my iPad listening to Australia. Now to try and set up my amp.

Comments

• James Whiteway
    edited June 2019
    Welcome to the world of Flex radio. They really aren't hard to use. And it sounds like you're well on your way. I was at HAMCOM yesterday. It seemed to me, to be one of the best and most well attended HAMCOM events in recent years. James WD5GWY
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I tested the IC-7300 when it first came out. I was very impressed with its DSP abilities. I waited for the 7610 but opted for more and bought the 6600. The DSP abilities in the 6600 are much better. And I prefer Flex for my remote station and how Flex interfaces with other computer progams.
  • Bert Sharp
    Bert Sharp Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have to remember that flex is a “software first” radio....there will be a learning curve I know.
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Welcome to the Flex world. Yes I was at HAMCOM also. It was well attended, and the Flex set up was well supported. Gene, K1GD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.