Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bouvet Expedition and FlexRadio Systems and 4O3A Great Contribution !!!! Thanks Guys

mikeatthebeach .
mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
Great that FlexRadio and 4O3A is a Sponsor for the Bouvet DX Expedition !image
73 Mike

Comments

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    If any Flex user works Bouvet then add a post to this thread! 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Of that, you can be sure of. ;-).  6600-M and PGXL stand ready to slay this beast.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Am hoping to John, the recent quiet could be a good thing. Still praying
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Worked them on the boat as they are heading there. Two bands so far. 3G9!/MM

Dave wo2x

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I worked 3G9A/MM on 40. 

Hoping for some bandfills (ATNO was 3Y0E).

I got to see the PGXLs they will be using. Some big time flex users there - W0GJ and K9CT for example.

Ria
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Been lucky to work 3G9A/MM on 40, 20 and 17 and a mixture of RTTY, CW and FT  Hoping that is a sign of what the Propagation is going to be once they are on the island.  Good Luck to ALL!

Richard - N4RWG
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Latest News and Updates from the Bouvet website: https://www.bouvetdx.org/news-and-updates/
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The Bouvet Island ops are experiencing some very rough seas on their journey. The hams on this expedition love ham radio so much that they are willing to go to these extremes just to give you and I that rare entity into our logs. An ATNO for me. This is serious business, please pray for their safety.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    WB9Z also.
  • Manuel - W4SSB
    edited January 2018
    I though they were going to use Acom?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    There are two Power Genius XL amps on board. I am sure they have amps from other manufacturers with them as well.

Dave wo2x

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Both.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    A decision was made to use ACOM because the PGXLs weren’t fully ready yet and flex wanted to get the amp out to customers and Alpha testers. As Dave mentioned they have two PGXL, and a bunch of Acom 1000s. They also have a 2 meter PowerGenius 2M-2000 for EME.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This was posted 6 months ago by K9ZW entitled "Integrity". Commentary by Ralph Fedor K0IR.
    A joint venture with the best interest of the Bouvet DXpedition in mind. Two great like-minded companies. Kudos to both.
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexr...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.