Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bose SoundTouch 130 - On Sale Now at Costco!

Larry - WA7LZO
Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hey, Gang!

I just  lashed up my new Bose SoundTouch 130 speaker system to my 6700. Costco has them on sale for a whopping $200 off, and shipping is free! At $800 (with discount), it's definitely pricey, but these beauts will make your 6700 sing almost as good as Frank Sinatra. BuhLeeve me when I tell you this, the sound radiated from this system is just so much richer, especially with its sub, which I have hidden completely out of sight, and out of way, tucked under my desk. It's fed with the included Bluetooth unit, so Look, Mom, no wires here! Up until today, I was using the Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, which are darn nice in their own right (and only half the price, at $400), but the SoundTouch 130 massively blows these PC's speakers away when driven by the 6700. BTW, the real cool thing is you can light up your entire shack with rich sound through all of your various other sound sources (besides the 6700, that is), like your TV, and any/all other various audio sources. It also ties-in, fully plug-and-play, with all of your other Bose wireless speaker sound systems scattered about your QTH. This way, you can always listen to the Noon Time Net on your various other Bose speakers, wherever they may be in your house, like even out at your pool!

Check out this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir18KBuU22U 

IMHO, JM2C, and YMMV!

Br,

Larry
WA7LZO

Comments

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, that is expensive.  I'm happy with the Bose Companion IIs I have.  Nonetheless, enjoy!
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    No issues with RF sensitivity I take it?
    73, Bob WK2Y
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    No RFI probs whatsoever.

Larry
    WA7LZO
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Bet they sound great Larry but a little rich for my blood right now. My honey is on board with the 6600 so I'm not pushing my luck.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    And I thought I was being extravagant with the Bose Companion II speakers plus the Bose bookshelf speakers that I have in my shack.  :)
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Larry - you are bad!! 

I thought I was pushing it patching a 6700 into my Sonos system, but that's nothing as you've gone to a dedicated killer system!

Hoping to work you and get a capture of what I sound like played back on your setup!

Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.