Boot Error! My New 6400M worked for only 1 day

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
I operated my 6400M for only one day ( on a UPS ) - did approximately a dozen on off cycles successfully then did the proper soft shutdown, but when I restarted the radio the next day it was inoperative. The red light was flashing 3 times (boot error) and there was a message on the screen that never went away that sail Please Standby...
VERY DEPRESSING :-(
Photo of Bruce Braun

Bruce Braun

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • BUMMED

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2965 Posts
  • 644 Reply Likes
Will the radio do a factory reset,,perhaps start a help desk ticket right away...
Photo of Scott

Scott

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I’ve only had my 6600M for 2 months and I”m getting this message every 10 to 15 minutes “ The radio selected is in use. Please try connecting again. “I hit the OK on the screen and it reboots or locks up and have to do a reboot. Now my front panel lights are blinking. Very depressing... they said there is a software issue that’s causing the Radio Selected problem, but now the radio is unusable. It happens way to offen! I didn’t get that message the first 3 weeks that I had the radio... it’s been getting much worse.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2965 Posts
  • 644 Reply Likes
Then you too should open a help ticket for fast help.
Photo of Scott

Scott

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is that the same as submit a request?? If so I did.. Thanks
Photo of Elliot Skultin

Elliot Skultin

• 34 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Flex is extremely responsive to issues like this.  Help ticket will get you on the fast track.   I had a small issue out of the box and they jumped on it in short order.  It's a great company.