Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bobs Knob CAT support please anyone ?

James Nelson
James Nelson Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
ICOM and Persues seem the only supported formats in Bobs Knob. While it sees Smartcat just fine it would be the finishing touch to have this feature for the tablet users or a Flex in house product. I'm hoping there will be a way to emulate the commands to get it going. Heres hoping so ideas anyone ?

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    With the caveat that good software costs the same as good wine (i.e., it ain't free), the K6TU Control ipad app provides touch sensitive tuning which includes velocity detection - so the faster you swipe, the faster the tuning.  You can set the step size from 1 Hz up.

Full details at:

K6TU Control documentation

Stu K6TU

PS: It does have the drawback that you need an iPad...
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for your reply Stu, I don't have an ipad however its great to aware of your efforts and your product. The xyl might send me to the doghouse if I buy an ipad for the knob. If I see an unwanted ipad somewhere I'll give it a go. Bobs Knob is in my case would be the cleanest solution but mighty grateful for your true elmer expertise. Thank you ...... I have an Android that I use for WeMo power only but that's no good and my good SDK friends tell me writing for Android isn't so simple.
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited February 2014
    James,

sorry but BobKnob works only with PERSEUS/ICOM protocol.
    The developer (Bob) is not longer active for HAM........

73 Beppe
    ik3vig

• James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thank you Beppe, with the world turning touch tablet this would have been a really great add on for SmartSDR in our new virtual world. I guess someone much smarter than me will develop a good solution. The 1hz step fine adjustments using touch are tricky with finger or stylus. Maybe if the magnifier under consideration is implemented it will address this issue. It feels strange these days to pick up a mouse as I operate mostly by touch or stylus. 73' James VK2JN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.