Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bluetooth mic audio and recieve audio.

Dale KB5VE
Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a bluetooth headset. I can get audio in and out on my win 7 . I would like to use it with my 6500 flex. I have not been able to get recieve audio or mic audio to work with Dax. Any ideas?

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Dale, You should be able to point your bluetooth headset to the DAX lines for RX and TX, instead of the SoundMapper. One word of caution , when ever you make any changes to your Sound Drivers (and yes DAX lines all appear as another sound card driver, Windows will reorder the sound drivers and might even make one of the DAX lines Windows Default sounds, which should never be a DAX line . Hope this makes sense.
  • Mark - NU6X
    Mark - NU6X Member
    edited September 2016
    I have a similar question. I have a Jabra PRO 9470 headset. This not a bluetooth device but rather a high end call center telephone headset. When connect to the computer via the USB port, it shows up on Windows as Microphone Headset device (Recording) and as a Headset earphone device (Playback). How do I get these connected to the corresponding DAX lines???
  • Mark - NU6X
    Mark - NU6X Member
    edited September 2016
    This may be obvious to many but I got this working on Windows 7 with my Jabra PRO 9470 as follows: 1) "Recording" tab on the Sound control panel. 2) Select "DAX AUDIO RX 1" device and click on properties 3) Click on "Listen" tab 4) Check "Listen to this Device" 5) Select "Headset Earphone" under "Playback through this Device" 6) Apply 7) Return to "Recording" Tab 8) Select "Headset Mic" device and click on properties 9) Click on "Listen" tab 10) Check "Listen to this Device" 11) Select "DAX AUDIO TX 1" under "Playback through this Device" 12) Apply. It may be necessary to adjust volume through the "Level" tab. Unfortunately VOX doesn't work with DAX at this time . Also PTT doesn't select DAX input so I use either the MOX button or CAT for PTT. BTW, the Jabra PRO 9470 works great. It has wide band audio and a realiable 150' range. I can connect it analog or through the USB port. It is very light weight and all day battery life.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.