Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bluetooth with SDR ios on iphone

Alan Nusso, N4BV
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
Has anyone been able to get iphone to work with bluetooth with new SDR for ios? I am using an iphone 5S which connects to blue tooth speaker when SDR ios is running but I do not get audio. Audio works through iphone speaker and a head phone. Is anyone able to use bluetooth with SDR ios?

Answers

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Alan, dear OM,

I have tested a couple of BT Headsets with my App. For instance the Logitech H800 Headset. So I strongly assume that your BT Speakers should also work.

The manual (Chapter common issues) mentions a few possible reasons why there might be no sound but maybe you ran into the same issue I ran into in the early days:

Once your speaker is connected via BlueTooth and once the App has been started and you connected to your radio and if there is no sound out of your BT Speakers, open the iOS Control Center by sliding the finger from the bottom, outside of the screen into the screen. Next you will note a small up arrow appearing in the center bottom of the screen. By "pulling" this arrow further to the top, you will see the Control Center.

There is one button right to the "AirDrop" button, mostly called "AirPlay" (but it might say something different depending on your selection). Just tap on that button and you will get a list of possible output devices, which should include your BT Speakers. If it is not automatically selected, just select it here and I guess your issues should be solved.

Please let us know if this has helped.

vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE

• John Maguire
    John Maguire Member
    edited December 2019
    Marcus, for me the Bluetooth audio pulses on & off several times a second. I have tried two different headsets. Also tried two different iPads and one iPhone. Always the same. Respectfully, John, w1cdo@arrl.net
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I'm using a V-Moda Crossfade Wireless BT headset with a 9.7" iPad Pro and it works great for both receive and transmit.  Get excellent reports.  Love the SOUND and the COMFORT.
    de K0UNX, Jim in Colorado
  • Lee Maisel
    Lee Maisel Member
    edited June 2020
    bluetooth or not, I cannot get MIC audio out.. rig trtansmits but no modulation.
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Right menu, scroll down to JUST under the Level/Compression meters, and click on MIC.  Choose iPad or iPhone, whichever applies.  

BTW:  If anyone wants to see a SIX MILE DRONE FLIGHT to Denver's 146.88 Repeater in the mountains SW of the city, here's a link to a 1080P Video I just posted: 
    https://youtu.be/rgGplVIZdlw

Jim
    K0UNX
    Littleton, Colorado
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Do you have iPad selected for mic input? Do you have the +20 mic boost turned on if needed? Have you selected the correct Mic on the iPad/iPhone using the slide-up menu on the phone/pad?
  • John Maguire
    John Maguire Member
    edited August 2016
    Working perfect now with newer generation Bluetooth headset. - LG
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks John. So it seems that some (older?) Bluetooth Headsets may cause issues. This is not nice but at least good to know and fortunately it's now working for you.
    vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE
  • GarySOwnsby
    GarySOwnsby Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Just to add a bit more info to this thread:

I've found it works with:

Logitech H800 Headset with mic
    Sony MDR-ZX770BN Noise-Cancelling Headset (listen only--no mic in headset)
    Blue Parrott B350v28 Headset (trucker's headset with mic)

Not Working (so far) with:

Bose Mini Soundlink (listen only no mic)
    Vizio S4251w TV soundbar (listen only no mic)
    Ion Blockrocker Mini (listen only no mic)
    HMDX Jam "Jar" (listen only no mic)

More to follow.

Gary AK4ZX

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi John,

I am having the same pulsing audio problem with the two bluetooth headsets I have tried with my iPad Pro 12.7.  (an old Logitech and a new Logitech H800).  What model finally worked for you?

I have tried moving my WiFi up to 5GHz and that did not help.  The audio from SSDR iOS is fine when listening using either the internal speakers or the wired earbuds.  Also, both these bluetooth headsets work fine for playing music,Skype, phone calls, etc.

Thanks, Bob, N7ZO
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Alan,
    i am using my old Plantronics BT with IoS client on iPhone - no issues at all all works fine.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy4fciuomspz76y/IoS%20SMARTSDR.mov?dl=0   (screen recorded)

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    A very easy way to test mikes on your iPad is to install Skype on the iPad Skype has a FREE CALL TESTING SERVICE install the Bluetooth device. Call the Call Testing Service Talk into your mike for 20 seconds and Skype will play back what it hears
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    select the ipad microphone.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am happy to report that the pulsing bluetooth audio I reported above seems to be fixed with SSDR for iOS version 1.0.7.  I have tested both my old Logitech headset and the new H800 Logitech headset.

Thank you Marcus.

Bob, N7ZO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.