Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bluetooth not workin on SSDR for IOS

Ronald Panetta
Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
I just got an iPAD MRJN2LL/A (2018 9.7) and can't get audio on bluetooth headset, only on internap iPAD speakers. I found this post https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/bluetooth-not-work-on-ios-app?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all and followed guidance with no success. Bluetooth working as adio from Amateur Radio Newsline podcast is via bluetooth. Not being an iPAD user I'm not sure what i should be looking for in the fontrol center as suggested in the above post. Thanks in advance, Ron WB2WGH

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Bring up the SSDR for IOS control panel (touch the frequency display and expand the control panel with the up arrow). Then ensure the speaker is not muted (X through the symbol) and go to the audio sub-panel and make sure the volume is up. Also, go to the left setup panel, and under "Audio" ensure iPad audio is selected and the headphone volume is up. You may also need to go to the iPad Settings, select Bluetooth and make sure the headphones are paired, although you must have this working if you can listen to podcasts.
  • Ronald Panetta
    Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I will double chech everything later on tonight. In the interim, podcast audio is heard on Bluetooth headphones and SSDR is heard but via internal iPad speakers. Its like i need to throw a switch to select Bluetooth output instead of iPad. Not sure if that asssociation is via iOS or via the app. That help clarify?
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The Bluetooth headphone connection to iOS is obviously working for you. The iOS SDR app has its own "Use iPad audio" setting, as I pointed out. It also has volume controls in two places. Just play with, you can't break it :-)
  • Ronald Panetta
    Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Ted, see results below... Ron Bring up the SSDR for IOS control panel (touch the frequency display and expand the control panel with the up arrow). Then ensure the speaker is not muted (X through the symbol) >>>Audio heard through speaker and when pressing speaker icon the internal iPad speaker mutes along with X over icon. and go to the audio sub-panel and make sure the volume is up. >>> volume up as i hear audio via intrrnal iPad speaker Also, go to the left setup panel, and under "Audio" ensure iPad audio is selected and the headphone volume is up. >>> iPad audio enabled You may also need to go to the iPad Settings, select Bluetooth and make sure the headphones are paired, although you must have this working if you can listen to podcasts. >>> headphones paired and connected as podcast audio heard via BT headphones and not internal iPad speakers.
  • Ronald Panetta
    Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Problem solved. Issue relates to Bluetooth profiles. IOS SSDR works with Jabra BT620 headset (just tried that). It does not work with MPOW 059 headset (what i had been testing with). Yet the iPad podcast app works with the MPOW headset. So must relate to bluetooth profiles. Wonder if that is an SSDR app issue.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Glad you solved it, Ron. I am using an older version of iOS (10.3) - I refuse to upgrade to 11 until I need to. I am listening to 40m on my Logitech BT headset as I type this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.