Bluetooth headset PTT?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I've recently set up my 6300 to use a Bluetooth Headset. A Logitech 800  Works okay, sounds great but I have couple questions about this.

First off, if I use a PTT footswitch, I get no modulation, so I'm on vox for the moment. The strange thing is I see the bluetooth mic audio on the P/CW window, just not on the output.

An inherent circuitry issue?

Second I haven't been able to use the full duplex method to set up my mic. Another no can do?

Photo of Michael Coslo

Michael Coslo

• 947 Posts
  • 257 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1251 Posts
  • 464 Reply Likes
No... I don't think its circuitry.  I asked a similar question about using a foot switch with PC input.  They reported that when PC input is selected they disconnect the audio when PTT is pressed.

Something about worrying if transmit got out of hand.  Anyway unless you run into the mic or balanced input the PTT foot switch I believe disconnects the audio.
Photo of Ron

Ron

• 69 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I am not sure I understand, is it possible to use a bluetooth headset on the PC with a footswitch for PTT on a Flex6500?  What are the limitations?  (I prefer not to use VOX).

Thanks, Ron
K2RAS
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1251 Posts
  • 464 Reply Likes
Official Response
Photo of Michael Coslo

Michael Coslo

• 947 Posts
  • 257 Reply Likes
Yeah, and that's too bad The high end Amateur headsets like my Pro Set elite is like having my head in a vice, and my ears like they are laying against a heating pad after a short time. As well as expensive.  And wireless is convenient and less prone to RF issues.

Oh well, it is what it is.
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 715 Posts
  • 144 Reply Likes
probably the closest thing your going to find that works pretty well is the RigBlaster BLUE.
it has it's own blue tooth receiver and the keying circuit.
I have it set up here and use it every now and again and does a good job with my blue parrot head set.
This unit plugs into the MIC jack and head phone jacks and doesn't use VAC or DAX for which ever radio your using and comes with the cables and a block to set the type of MIC wiring.
here is the link to the manual
http://www.westmountainradio.com/pdf/...
73's
Bret
WX7Y
Photo of Dan -- KC4GO

Dan -- KC4GO

• 339 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Once you click the MOX button you can use the space bar to key and unkey the radio. 
Photo of Michael Coslo

Michael Coslo

• 947 Posts
  • 257 Reply Likes
Trying that, I can unkey the transmitter with the spacebar, but have to hit MOX again after I unkey it. Looks like it won't work except for rag chewing. Contesting will require old school plugin stuff. A pity though, my 70 dollar bluetooth sounds better than my 200 dollar plus Heil proset Elite. And I can wear it all night without pain or hot ears.