Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Binaural switch control position

IW7DMH, Enzo
IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I don't know if it is already asked, but I would like to know why the "binaural" button is in the Radio Setup menu and not in one of the GUI control panels.
I am finding the binaural feature very effective, just in these days with low level signals coming from South America, but I am finding it a bit difficult switching on and off.
Do you provide to move it in a more accessible place? (I would suggest the RX panel next to the pan control - reducing just a bit the slider control)

Thank you and 73'
Enzo
iw7dmh

Answers

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

I wondered the same thing.  Why not place it somewhere in the slice or rx windows?  Maybe in the next release?

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Maybe to the right of the CWX toggle, on the status bar.
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    I must admit is is pretty hidden away - I'd like something like this on a per slice (if possible) basis.

73 Steve
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Enzo,
       FYI, FRStack by AA3RK will allow you to set up a hotkey ( keyboard short cut) to toggle Binual on/off, as well as map other functions to hotkeys..

AL, K0VM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Binaural listening is a global radio feature and not panadapter or slice specific.  This is why it is in the global feature setup 
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim,
    How about on the main screen next to the global mute buttons?

Use the gray/blue color scheme to show inactive/active.   Just shown in off white for illustration below.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.