Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Big little shack computer

2»

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes it was and Thanks again for your help It works flawlessly.
    I have moved the VPN Host server to the Radio's NUC PC and that has been really nice to because I leave it on all the time anyway.
    Thanks for your work on the PiVPN
    73's
    Bret

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    By the way folks. If you need some additional I/O on the NUC, there are replacement lids available with various interfaces. I was thinking I might be a little short on USB ports so I found a lid that added two more.

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    This is a nice NUC expansion, but the one that interests me most is the Thunderbolt 3  port provided on the latest i5 and i7 NUCs.  This is a 40 Gb/s port (no typo!) that will support multiple 4K monitors, ethernet, audio, USB3, and what have you.  You can use an inexpensive single adapter cable, or go for a multi-function dock. Search for "Thunderbolt 3 docking". Intel propaganda.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have been playing around with the Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port and a I have some issues with a few devices NOT working as windows can't find the supposedly built in drivers. 
    The multi-port device I have tried is the PAXCESS USB-C 2 x USB3's, HDMI Port, RJ45 Network, and a USB-C Port.
    It won't work on MY NUC7I7 and on my MAC Book Pro running WIN10 under bootcamp it does work most of the time after several retries on 3 of it's USB-C ports but on the 4th USB-C port it acts just like it does on the NUC, just keeps trying over and over to load the drivers. 
    There are NO downloadable drivers that I can find on the PAXCESS web site. 

SO just a heads up with the PAXCESS device it probably won't work on your NUC7I7.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I've noticed that some tb3 devices claim Windows compatibility and some do not (probably for Macs). Agreed, you need to be careful.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    For future reference the LG 29UM67-P runs fine on 13VDC.
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm running a NUC I7 and it's driving a Dell 34" monitor.  I've been running this new setup since December and really enjoy it.  I really like having the 34" monitor.  There's plenty of room and I no longer need to monitors, for now anyways, hi hi.

Rich - N5ZC
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Didn't realize they made lids like this, cool.

I plan on getting a 2nd NUC for operating position #2.

Rich - N5ZC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.