Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

BEWARE DDUTIL upgrades

Robin Haighton
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This may or may not be a problem with Smart SDR but it caused me many hours of searching to find the answer. MY 7600 FROZE! at least all the functions which could be selected from the computer such as sound, antenna select, signal on the panadapter etc. after several hours I found hat the latest upgrade of DDUTIL was causing the problem .. on removing it and returning to version 3.00 the problems went away. Robin Haighton VE3FRH

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Which version was giving the problem? Running 30306 here and no issues so far. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Robin Haighton
    edited October 2016
    The problem version was 3.02 Robin ve3frh
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I noticed yesterday that with 30306 I suddenly had multiple shutdowns of DDUtil intermittently when using Flwkey program for CW. Never had problems with prior DDUtil versions in this way. BTW, Winkey USB worked fine and DDUtil seemed stable if I keyed CW using the hardware and not the Flwkey program. Mike, N1MD
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    V30304 and the previous version were causing the shutdown's.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    As with any alpha/beta software, makes sure you are running the latest version before making a bug report. Development is happening at a very fast pace and things get fixed all the time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.