Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Beta 1.0.24 updates

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I love all the updates to the beta 1.0.24 release. Averaging, RIT/XIT, DAX, more persistence....etc. However I do find that the beta is fairly unstable. I don't know if it is the smartCAT, SSDR or both. I often loose connectivity to the radio and have to shut down SSDR. Sometimes upon restart there is nothing on the display ...not even a blank panadapter. TX controls are there but just a brown background. TO clear that I have to remove power from the radio and then reboot. Sometimes when I loose the connection just shutting down and restarting the radio clears it. I find that while running DXLabs on the dedicated port from SmartCat it looses connection after a bit and I have to restart SmartCat. A couple times my computer screen has gone crazy with a zillion lines and automatically rebooted and asked if I wanted to start windows in safe mode. LED status on the radio seems to have changed. No more amber LED to keep the GPS on..the LED just goes off. I know this is beta and likely that most of these will be fixed in the January release. It is still fun using the new features though. 73 Greg AB7R

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yep, that is the game with Beta releases. We get the privilege of early release, but the price we pay is helping to finish debugging the software. I, for one, gladly pay the price for this little preview of coming attractions! (Thanks to the folks at Flex on some great new features!)
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Absolutely....DAX is cool! Now if I can just come up with something for CW while operating from the house via LAN....... :)
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Greg, If you are getting a Windows system error (Blue Screen of Death), there is something with your Windows OS. I have 1.0.24 beta running and its very stable. From your description of lost connectivity, I wonder if you are on a WiFi link that is flaky - perhaps due to a neighbor with an access point on the same channel? The characteristics are of the client losing connectivity with the radio. This release has a keep alive between the client and the radio which will catch these kind of problems. That aside, the Windows system crash is not due to the client - check the video card drivers for your graphics card and also make sure you are up to date with all (yes, I mean ALL and it could take a while) the MSFT OS patches... Stu K6TU
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Stu. Not getting any BSODs. Not using any WiFi in the shack...everything is hard wired. When I notice the loss of connection from DXLabs I check SmartCat and use the test tab for the FA; command and I get a ? response. That shows the connection lost between SmartCAT and the radio. The crashes did not start till the update with DAX was installed. I will check to see if there are driver updates for the vid card. Tnx again. Greg
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    New version on 6500 stable here until attempted to integrate SmartSDR CAT. However I think that it may be due to my manipulations not Flex problems. Ned, K1NJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.