Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Behringer PL1 midi controller for Flex 6k

W4WHL
W4WHL Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
I have created an application that allows the Behringer PL-1 DJ midi controller to be used with the flex 6000 series SDR.  This application is given free of charge with no expressed warranty of any kind.  The source code is included, and you are welcome to modify it however you see fit.  I created this for my own person use, and would like to share it with the group.

The program is written in the processing IDE.  It utilizes the TCPIP API to communicate with the radio.

Here is the layout

The application and source can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jnhdnnqblbdrsx/CMDPL1Flex6k_v0_3.zip?dl=0

3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Denley W3XY
    Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I just got my PL-1 yesterday.  What a neat program you have created! Thank you!!
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Cool, Glad your like it.  I will be posting some improvements soon
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I've been out of pocket for a few days and it looks like you've made massive progress with this.  I've got mine on order now, so it won't be long until I can play too.  I'm also going to get the IDE from processing.org and see how that goes.
  • Игорь Михеев
    edited August 2017
    Greetings to all!
    Link to the utility for the Baringer PL-1 does not work.
    Anyone can help get this utility or give a link to download it?

73! Igor RL5A
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I would like to get my hands on this too....
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    This software still around?
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited March 2018
    This software still around?
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I use the Behringer CMD Micro, which is better IMHO, as it has 2 turntables.
    Last working software link for the CMD micro is
     https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rsbsidlv5mljq5n/AAC4puhwbGXHfGxzQaS8UEnpa?dl=0

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks.. I think that one they dont make anymore. I wanted to make sure I could find the software before I went and bout one.  
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Jay, you could write to Don W3XY, who should have the software for the PL1. He is on QRZ.com. There are also other OM here on the forum, who wrote about the PL1. 
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Alex. I ordered one in hoping I could find it out there somewhere. I will give Don a try. I looked on here in the foreman but none of the links work. I did find a link for the midi dual control but they stopped making them and can’t find one of them unless it is way over prices Thanks again Jay
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I would like to find the software for the PL-1

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Me too.. I cant fine it. If you have any luck please post or let me know. 

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I can't imagine that no one has a copy of this. 
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    I know. I posted it on a couple different places. No body has it. But it would be nice. I bout it before I had the software. Maybe I should have waited. I could have saved some money. I see the software for the dual deck but not the PL-1

Jay
    W0JAY
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Did any remember what the file name or title was?  Maybe i have stored but i dont know what should i search
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    CMDPL1Flex6k_v0_3.zip and this may be a old version, I don't know but, I'm sure the first part of the file name is correct.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I was able to get a copy of this, for those who are looking for this, here's a dropbox link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/home/Behringer
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Well thats good you was able to find it. But that link you posted dont work. I been looking and asking and couldnt find it anywhere. Could you fix the link? 

Thanks
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    What error are you getting?
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Its just sending me to my drop box. You need to click on the program and make it shareable link 
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    That worked. Thanks.. Have you tried it?
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Not yet, I installed it but thats it.
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Works good. No proble.
    Thanks for the software. 
    Jay
    W0JAY
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I would love a copy of this.  The link doesn't currently work (404 error).

73 - David, AG4F
  • gilbishop
    gilbishop Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi Jay, any chance you could send me a link to download this program?  I had a copy a while ago, but can't find it now that I actually have a MIDI controller to try it with. 
    Thanks, Gil
    AB1JV
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited April 2018
    I’m not home right now. Send me an email direct I’m good on QRZ and when I get home I can do that. W0JAY Jay
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited April 2018
    I uploaded it to my GDrive. Here for those of you looking. I have found others ones also. So if this isn't the right one let me know. 
    Here's the link

Enjoy
    Jay
    W0JAY
  • SQ8N
    SQ8N Member
    edited April 2019
    Hello
    I have a question. Is this soft working properly. Is it worth buying this Behringer PL1?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-RjjdeDwh6W51mGnEP6H22Ay2GkSUmA/view

Or maybe it's better to invest in N4PY software Pegasus Plus http://www.n4py.com/  & Behringer CMD Micro or Behringer Studio 2A DJ Controller ?

SQ8N Pawel.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.