Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Behringer CMD MIDI Controller with Flex 6300

ROBERT WHITE
ROBERT WHITE Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have just purchased a Behringer CMD MIDI Controller to use with my Flex 6300 and need help getting it started. I am running Win10 64 bit computer. After downloading and unzipping the files the visual aid CMD window opens and indicates "No Flex6k found". Can someone give me the proper steps from initial download to get this controller working with Win10?

Answers

• Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    SSDR must be running prior to activating CMD Micro

Bob
  • ROBERT WHITE
    ROBERT WHITE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Bob....Yes SSDR is running first.  After downloading and extracting files I have an Application.Windows32 file and a Application.Windows64 file. The visual CMD window opens and a message across the front face of the CMD micro indicates "No Flex6k Found". Not sure how to troubleshoot this problem next but will keep trying. If you have any other thoughts please let me know. Thanks so much for your reply and interest.
        73's  Bob  K9LWA
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Well, the installation is less than intuitive.  First create a folder for software on Drive C or where your system exists.  Move the downloaded file into that folder and execute.  You should then have two folders one for 32 and the other for 64 bit systems.   Expanding the one appropriate for your system you will find other folders and an executable.  This is the file of interest.  I then place a shortcut on the desktop to execute this file which should be opened after SSDR is open.  If you have done this and still have issues, then I don't have a clue why you are having an issue.  Perhaps Win 10 doesn't like what is there for whatever reason.  Works fine on Win7 and with all the Win 10 issues I think I'll stay put.  Your mileage may vary ; >).  Reread your message.  Are you connected to Flex 6k and have it working?  Execute the CMD file after you have connected to radio.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Also you can change the USB to another USB port, that helps sometimes.
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Bob, did you get it working?
  • ROBERT WHITE
    ROBERT WHITE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Bob, No joy yet. When I expand the Application.Windows64 folder I have looked at each individual file and Do Not see any executable file. Can you tell me the .exe file name you are referring to. This seems to be the main thing I need to get it working.
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

Bob

send me your email and I"ll show you what my file setup looks like.

w5tx@verizon.net

• Larry Benoit
    Larry Benoit Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Bob,

The executable file name is: CMDMicroFlex6k_v2_0d.exe

You will find it in the application.windows64 folder. If you don't have file extensions checked with your File Explorer's "View" configuration, the .exe extension will not be displayed.   It should be the only file in that folder along with data, java, lib and source sub-folders.

Larry KB1VFU

• Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Larry, good point I forget that not all folks have extensions displayed. ; > )
  • ROBERT WHITE
    ROBERT WHITE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Bob.....My E-mail is: rwhite4143@comcast.net I don't have an executable file CMDMicroFlex6k_v2_0d.exe My file name is: CMDMicroFlex6k_v2_0 Application
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Im trying to get the PL-1 to work. But I cant find software that works. Only some of the buttons do something  but dont change freq. And I dont have V2.0 does anymore know where I can download it from. Again for the PL-1. 

Thanks
    Jay
  • ROBERT WHITE
    ROBERT WHITE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hello again Bob....About 2 years ago you helped me get my Behringer CMD Controller working with my Flex 6300. Now I have a 6400 and can't seem to get the CMD working. I have not changed any file structure from what I had in the past. The CMD was working perfect until I changed radios. Any help greatly appreciated. My expanded .exe file seems to be missing. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.