Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Behringer CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller for use with Flex 6000

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The Behringer CMD with William's software is a great combination. 
    William was also developing an Android app, but got stuck with audio stream problems.
    I haven't heard from him for a long time and hope he is well.
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, 1 year in usage with CMD Micro DJ  !
    BTW, William , we are looking forward :-)  any updates, improvements ?
  • Carl Moreschi
    Carl Moreschi Member
    edited September 2016
    My N4PY Pegasus Plus fully supports this device.  And all controls on it are fully user defineable.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Carl sounds good, however:
    from N4PU manual
                                         PC to Radio Serial Connection
     Connect a 9 pin serial port cable between the radio and an available COM port on your PC. ....etc

You know we are expecting connection through Ethernet API 
  • Carl Moreschi
    Carl Moreschi Member
    edited September 2016
    That is for other radios.  The Flex 6000's radios connect via ethernet.  No CAT or anything else is needed even for logging programs.  Everything connect via N4PY.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just picked up a Behringer CMD-PL1 at my local discount store is it possible to this model working with my 6500?
    http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/DJ-Controllers/CMD-PL-1/p/P0AJF#
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes it is.  (And it can be done with many other MIDI controllers, too)

I had my PL-1 and a Hercules DJ2LE running, but never got finished perfecting the software.

You can use the "Processing" language/editor to edit William's program that he wrote for the CMD Micro.

You will need to change the device name to access the PL-1.

You will also need to change the MIDI "Note Values" to match the buttons and knobs you desire to use for the various functions.

Once you learn the basics, you can easily modify and expand the program to do almost anything you want to do with it.  It is just a matter of discovering the value for the button and plugging it into the logic and sending the command out to the rig.

I played with it for a few months about a year and a half ago but lost interest due to my tower project and subsequent enjoyment of the new antenna!  I hope to pick it up again sometime.  I'm not even sure the code I wrote & modified survived the computer crash and update here.....

Ken - NM9P
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    OK Great news! I just happen to be an expert with MIDI so I got the MIDI protocol down I just need to figure out the that software William created.
    Are the commands in HEX or MIDI standard command set?

Where can I find the latest version of his program?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Skim the contents of this thread and you should be able to find a link to one of his latest software programs. You will need also to download the processing program. There is a discussion on one of the threads related to this. (It might've been the original one related to their Hercules DJ2LE that can show you how to link to the processing program and you can then look at the source code and discover almost everything you need to know. Sorry, I don't have access to those links right now. I am at a different computer.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    BTW. If I remember, the midi note values used were in numbers I.e 0-127. Rather then notes - C#. D. G. Etc. but I used a simple look up chart once I figured it out. Not much of a midi guy here. I was more into the logic. Once William figured out how to get info from the controller and send commands to the rig, then the rest was "easy!"
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    OK Ken thanks for the info I will look into this a bit more and see what the deal is.

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    One thing I just discovered is it's going to take a ton of programming to get the CMD-PL-1 to work because of all of the buttons and encoders. Maybe a winter project.

• Paul Sokoloff
    Paul Sokoloff Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Hello,  Using this with Flex 6300.  I appreciate your work, but the unit does not work correctly with transverters.  50 MHz is OK, 144 starts to stutter when tuned, when using on 222, tuning the knob left and right does not move smoothly and changes bands to 2 meters and back to 222 as it tunes.  bands above that do not work well.  I was hoping the new version would fix this 
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2016
    This app has not been updated in a long time. It is likely it never will be.
    James
    WD5GWY
  • Paul Sokoloff
    Paul Sokoloff Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    OK Thank you.
  • Carl Moreschi
    Carl Moreschi Member
    edited October 2016
    My N4PY Pegasus Plus fully supports all the Flex 6000 radios and transverters.  It has full user selection of all the Behringer controls allowing you to set up the device any way you want.
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited June 2020
    Ok

Been playing with my behringer CMD Micro.  I have read through all 3 pages of this thread.  I assume that version 2.0d is the last.  What I have not been able to find is the "demo" program.  There use to be demo program that would run with just the CMD Controller.  You could move a slider, press button, etc and you could see the values change on the controller display.  I don't remember if this was a program that William wrote or not.  Does anyone still have that program.  I sure miss William.  Thanks.

roger
    na4rr.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Look online for a midi monitor. There are several out there that will monitor your midi device and spit out the channel and control numbers for the control and the values generated as you turn or punch each device. Some controls, like the large "turn table" knob send more than one value, depending upon where you are touching it, and what mode it is in. Other control knobs send one value for a punch, and another when rotated, and perhaps another after pushing it. (Shift mode). I am not at the computer right now, so I can't give you the exact program I used.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I just did a quick google search, and a program called midi-ox may be what I used. It was a couple of years ago, so I am not sure. You can find this copyrighted freeware program at www.midiox.com
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi  Ken,

Thanks  I dont think thats the one but that should work.  Thanks again

roger
  • Jason NR0X
    Jason NR0X Member
    edited April 2017
    I found this link in an earlier thread about using the Hercules DJ Controller.  Is this the one you're looking for?

http://obds.free.fr/midimon/

NR0X
  • Craig Haggerty
    Craig Haggerty Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have produced an update to William's CMDMircoFlex6K software for the CMD Micro Midi Controller.   It is similar in functionality to William's program, but there are a number of changes.

1.  Updated the GUI.
    2.  Changed the Tune Steps.  Step now goes from 1 Hz >> 100 Hz >> 1000 Hz to speed tuning.
    3.  Changed the Filter Button function.  Filter now works for all six filter steps for CW, USB, LSB, DIGU, DIGL, AM,  and SAM.
    4. Reversed default settings for slice volume and AGC-T sliders.
    5. Changed VOX, MON and ANF buttons to without shift, and CWX buttons to with shift.
    6.  Reversed Rx Ant and Tx Ant buttons.
    7.  Grouped Main Lineout with Headphone Volume and RF Power with Tune Power.
    8.  Added Panadapter Scale Up and Scale Down buttons.

I trust William will not mind if I release this here.  I would have direct mailed him, but I couldn't find an email address.  Anyway I like the changes and I hope you will too.

Craig W0CHH

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/569lkggvj8so21d/AABg2M8JZFc8X9L-nMvMMPdVa?dl=0

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    That's awesome Craig!
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Craig, FlexMidi does not run on my Windows7 64bit machine. 
    The app window stays empty at first.
    After quite a while it populates with the new GUI and there is a message:
    "No Flex6K found" and the program does not connect to SmartSDR.
    I've tested both the 64bit and 32bit versions, run as an admin, given all rights, nothing
    works.
    The original program runs without any problems.
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Alex did you try both versions?
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hi Chris, yes, as I wrote above: both versions do not work.
    I'm not sure where the problem lies.
    Does the program work on your computer?
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Not yet - have to search where i have the Behringer stored. Long time not used but will also try SSDR-IOS. Must start a dxped in basement ... :-)
  • Jason NR0X
    Jason NR0X Member
    edited April 2020
    Hi guys,
    I downloaded the Processing IDE and I've been tweaking with the code, too.  I've had quite the good time with it, actually.  I came up with a couple of lines to use one of the sliders as a "Zoom" function for the panadapter window.  I'll be happy to share it if anyone wants.
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I'm interested. Which slider?
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Jason, we like everything bring us a step further :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.