Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Behringer CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller for use with Flex 6000

Comments

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    William, can you give me a hint where to look in the source code, please?  thanks, 73

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Dan,

There is a .pde file in the /src directory that you can open with the Processing PDE application.

Search the code for "Fstep".  There are 2 places you need to edit.  First you will need to edit the section titled //VFO Step Select and then //Set VFO Frequencies.  This is the top of my head, so they may be called something slightly different.

After opening the pde, save it off as a different name.  Then make sure you copy the /data folder from the original to the location of your new file.

Then you can run the application directly from the processing PDE by clicking the play button. 

Just play around trying different things.  When I have time I will write up a more detailed explanation.

William

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    As for the Keyer speed, which i assume you mean WPM , that is the easiest of all. Search for this line;

c.write("C44|mixer lineout gain "+round(value*0.787)+"
    ");

And change it with

c.write("C44|cwx wpm "+round((value*0.276)+5)+"
    ");

This gives you a WPM of 5-100.  However I think this is more realistic say 5-40?

c.write("C44|cwx wpm "+round((value*0.72)+5)+"
    ");

I have not tested this, but it should work.  

William

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    One thing I failed to explain is, the midi dials have a value of 0-127.  So the math here is easy.  If we want a value of 0-100 (what the radio expects for volume) we have to multiply the midi value by .787.  so 127x.787=100.

So if we want a value of 5-100 (what flex expects for WPM) we need 95 increments.  So we take 95/127=.72....So to get a starting value of zero we get 0x.72+5 = 5 and an end value 127x.72+5=100

William
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    My earlier post was backwards.  Just to clarify:

5-40 WPM
    c.write("C44|cwx wpm "+round((value*0.276)+5)+"
    ");

5-100 WPM
    c.write("C44|cwx wpm "+round((value*0.72)+5)+"
    ");

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    tnx dude..i'll get to it when i have time ( ??? )

your ARE da man, bro...

• Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    William - brilliant contributions with the Midi control surfaces.  I like the look of the Behringer.  Do you know if any Midi controllers have an input contact we could use for PTT?
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Not that I know of, butit would not be that hard to add an external 3.5mm jack wired to the midi PTT button for an external hand/foot switch.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Why not use the PTT jack on the back of the radio?
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ... how do you connect the PTT via Lan for remote? :-)
  • Bob W7KWS
    Bob W7KWS Member
    edited July 2015
    Try PstRotatorAz which has a remote PTT feature in addition to remote rotator and remote SteppIR control.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Midi controller just worked out of the box - great job!  I downloaded Processing 2.2.1 but when I open the source/CMDMicroFlex6k_v2_0d file processing first wants to wrap it in another folder.  Then it can't find the libraries.  Is there some magic to get everything to open?
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2019
    Strange, I just got my Midi controller today and hooked it up. Windows Vista (32bit) finds it just fine and the D version of the software comes up and the controls work, but, the program does not find the radio or interact with SmartSDR! I have even downloaded earlier versions and the same results. It just does not see the radio on my network.
       Just to be sure things were working between the radio, SSDR and 3rd party apps, I ran a test program that I have been working on and it finds the radio just fine and changes in it, show up both in my app and SSDR. Not sure why the midi program is not discovering the controller. (probably pilot error!)
    james
    WD5GWY

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    You need the copy the /data directory from the zip file to the new location.  And you must add the libraries.  If I recall you need these (all which can auto install from the add libraries menu item)

processing.net
    UDP

Just look at the top of the file for the import statements.  And make sure you have all of those.

William
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I can't be for sure without being there, but my guess would be a virus scanner or windows firewall.

Did you try the manual version? the one where you manually enter the ip address?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gap6unikww23mk1/CMDMicroFlex6k_v1_9e-manual.zip?dl=0

This is old and not a fix, but let me know if it works.  If it does and you can't get the new verion working, I can compile you a manual version of the newest release.

William

• James Whiteway
    edited April 2015
    Ok, same issue, except now, it says null@192.168.0.4 ( the ip address of my radio).
    But, still no control of the radio. I checked Windows Firewall and it does not show it is blocking anything from the USB port.
    james
    WD5GWY

Thanks for the help.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    James,
      When I had that problem, it turned out to be a windows firewall permission problem..  If it will run with the firewall turned off, then adding firewall permissions will likely solve the problem.

AL, K0VM
  • James Whiteway
    edited April 2015
    Fixed it!! Problem was with Windows Firewall. It was not allowing the Java Platform SE (three instances of it) to run. Thanks for putting up with the questions.
    james
    WD5GWY

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Good deal!!

• James Whiteway
    edited April 2015
    By the way, thanks for all the hard work you put into this project! Works good.
    The CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller is bigger than I thought it would be! Still, it fits on my operating desk just fine. You have to be one of the most prolific programmers I have encountered. Writing software for several controllers and working on an Android app too! I just take small stabs at it on the weekends when my wife's "honey do" list is not too overwhelming!
    james
    WD5GWY

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Your welcome!  And I'm far from prolific, just learning myself.

William
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks!  Now running in the IDE. 
  • Javier, KC2QII
    Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    William,

Just to let you know, I have been running Remote Operation from San Diego, CA since 14 April suucessfully, running CMDMicro6k, SSDR, WSJT-X through OpenVPN, hotel WiFi.

See https://picasaweb.google.com/118380903168306628106/Flex6300RemoteOperation?authuser=0&feat=direc...

Javier, KC2QII
  • Peter Driessen
    Peter Driessen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Great work.. Can you please post complete instructions on how to get it running:  prerequisities, download links, directories to put files in, installation instructions, etc.
    Thanks!
    Peter
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Peter,

As for prerequisites, I think the program will run on Windows XP and above.  If your running a 32 bit system, you will need to install java runtime.  No need if 64 bit.  But lets hope your not running that old of a system anyway :)

Here is the latest download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/am5fx5j8i8qevgo/CMDMicroFlex6k_v2_0d.zip?dl=0

This is a portable app.  This means there is no installation.  Just unzip the file wherever you want.

To run the application just pick click the exe file in the appropriate directory ( 32bit or 64bit).

The CMD micro does not have an required drivers to install.  Just plug it it, and windows will automatically install what it needs.

Some people have had problems with their virus scan software disabling the midi driver.  And a few had windows firewall issues.

I would just give it a go, and then if you have a specific issue, ask here, and hopefully someone has already seen it.

Sorry but that is about all I have as far as instructions. 

William
  • Peter Driessen
    Peter Driessen Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Thanks William.   Earlier in this thread I saw comments like
    "You need the copy the /data directory from the zip file to the new location.  And you must add the libraries.  If I recall you need these (all which can auto install from the add libraries menu item)"
    Which libraries?  The files in the lib folder or ?

Do I need to download Processing 2.2.1 IDE?

Thanks
    Peter
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Peter,

That was information for people that wish to modify the program themselves.   If you have no intention of learning programming.  Then you don't need to do any of that,

So no you do not need anything but my program.

William
  • Bob W7KWS
    Bob W7KWS Member
    edited July 2015
    Will anyone interested in adding knobs & buttons to Flex 6000 radios be at Dayton this year?
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi William,
    Here is something new.....to build your own customized control.  Looks interesting.......

http://palettegear.com/

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Peter Driessen
    edited April 2015
    Hi William,

I downloaded and am now running the 64 bit .exe file
    After some time, the window comes up and shows it recognizes my FLEX 6700 at IP address 192.168.1.102.
    However, nothing happens when I move knobs or click on the screen.
    Am I missing something?
    thanks
    Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.