Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Beheringer CMD MIDI DJ controller not connecting "no Flex 6k found"

K6ML
K6ML Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
CMD window reports "No Flex 6k Found".

I had been using/loving my CMD Micro MIDI controller for years with my 6300 and a Win7 PC.  This week I replaced the HP Win7 PC with a new Lenovo Win10 PC (in honor of Win7 EOL :)
and lost the recipe.

Installed CMDMicroFlex6k_v2_0d and downloaded latest Java.  Program finds the CMD (I can see numbers changing when knobs are twirled), but does not find/connect to the Flex.

What am I missing?  Do I need to set up a CAT TCP port?  Do I need to configure the Ethernet port?   I am using a direct jumper cable from the PC Ethernet jack to the Flex Ethernet jack (private network, no router, same as I did on Win7; SmartSDR-WIn finds the 6300 fine, but CMD program does not).  

TIA for any help, Mike K6ML

Comments

• K6ML
    K6ML Member
    edited January 2020
    Eventually remembered the solution ... need to add the CMD app (and Java?) to the list of allowed apps for the Windows Defender Firewall.       Firewall was blocking it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.