Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Beautiful, flat receive audio passband performance

Options
Barry N1EU
Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Over the years, I've looked at A LOT of receive audio passbands, but nothing has come close in terms of ruler flatness and bass/treble extension to my 6500.  For your enjoyment, the 6500 USB receive audio passband at 4KHz bandwidth: (click on the image below to see it full size)

73, Barry N1EU

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options

I have a Sonos audio system set up in the house and pipe the output of my 6500 to all the units in every room in the house. The audio is so beautiful, I have to periodically get treated for goose bumps.

Jim, K6QE

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm sure the XYL appreciates that :-)
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes, she doesn't want my chronic problem of goose bumps to persist.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the complement, Barry.  

In case you are interested, this is what the two-tone, in-band IMD and harmonic distortion looks like on an audio spectrum analyzer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.