Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Be SURE to read the Release Notes BEFORE upgrading to the newly released software.

Ken Wells
Ken Wells Community Manager admin
edited March 2020 in New Ideas
Be SURE to read the Release Notes BEFORE Upgrading to the newly released software.

The release notes contain important information and "Best Practices" that will assist you in having a smooth upgrade.

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-v3-1-7-release-notes/?_ga=2.241143171.1680488466.156890...

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-v2-6-0-release-notes/

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v1-12-1_release_notes/?_ga=2.232555039.1680488466.15689...

Upgrade Day!

Comments

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks  and I was just trying to do that but the page is not found for Ver. 2.6.0. I'm hunting for it on the Flex site though.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Give it a try now. I think I fixed it.

Mike
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I'm really looking forward to Windows not doing the "monster mash" on the DAX drivers. I updated Windows 10 last night and it did just that. A day later and it might have been avoided.

I'm going to try a complete uninstall of 2.5.1 and install 2.6 and see what happens.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Danny... I 'think' that if you just install 2.6, it might fix it actually.  We had some Alpha team members spend time breaking it and seeing if 2.6 would fix it.

You might want to give that a try.   Uninstalling won't hurt though.

Mike

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Works for the file but does not send the user to the Flex site. In other words, clicking on the above link brings up a download box/window. That works for me though, thanks Michael!!
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Looks like the release notes for PowerSDR, not SmartSDR.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The links for 3.1.7 and 1.12.1 release notes work, but 2.6.0 is broken
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Might be fixed. But I am seeing two different versions of release notes, 2.6.0 and 2.6.4.

N5LB beat me to it. Not different versions but rather different software. Nice catch Lionel.
  • John W9KXQ
    John W9KXQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
      Currently only interested in release notes for 2.6.0, however the link is broken?

• Andy M5ZAP
    Andy M5ZAP Member
    edited September 2019
    Michael
    What did you do to fix the DAX scrambling problem and stop windows updates causing problems? Just be interesting to know?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited September 2019
    I just tested it from my non-work related iPhone and it works just fine. Can you try again, but not from an email notification Thanks
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Still broke here. The link directs us to PowerSDR. John, I have a copy. Shoot me an email. Good at qrz.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited September 2019
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thanks, working here. I think it might help to have Ken edit his post above with your correct link to avoid some confusion.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited September 2019
    Yep, 100% my fault and moving too quickly on the 2nd fix while not double checking my homework.  Thanks for nagging me.  
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Anyone else not seeing this??? When I hit the WWV band it just goes to 10MHz, I do not see any CHU indicators???

US1296 Console: CHU frequencies now added to WWV bandstack
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Just updated to v 2.6.0 and everything went fine. Everything is working as normal, including Smartlink.

73 de HI8SMX, Santiago
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2019
    We worked with a couple of excellent engineers at Microsoft to help us identify the problem and then made some changes to our drivers based on their recommendations.  The technical details include changing some settings in the driver that are directed at the OS and using unique string identifiers for each device in both the actual drivers and the inf files.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited September 2019
    I think this is a line item from the PowerSDR v2.6.4 release notes that were mistakenly linked.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Uninstalled the old version which did not remove VSP. Uninstalled VSP separately. Installed v2.6.0 and it complained that VSP was missing, intalled v2.6.0 again and everything is fine. DAX is clean.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Thank you
  • Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited September 2019
    BSOD, broken links and no Best Procedure!!!  I don't want a Best Practice bunch of words.  Where is the step by step to update/upgrade like every other Ham OEM has?  I just tried 2.6 on my desktop & got the BSOD.  I had to do a system recovery.  Terrible.  I still haven't recovered everything on my up to date W10 desktop.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited September 2019
    Yes, my bad.  Sorry.
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    hi
    i m trying to download 2.6.4 but look only release note, dont found the upgrade
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I did tun into a snag on a 2nd Windows 10 laptop. FlexVSP wold not uninstall. I tried Wise uninstaller, FlexVSP is gone now. But installing any version of SmartSDR does not re-install it. I uninstalled everything and this PC will just not have SmartSDR on it until I wipe it and start over. I have the sadz.
  • Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited September 2019
    Mea Culpa, too...In my haste to remind people to check the Release Notes and post the links, I did a copy and paste and failed to check for typos.....
    But the links are all good, now.

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Anyone else not seeing this??? When I hit the WWV band it just goes to 10MHz, I do not see any CHU indicators???

US1296 Console: CHU frequencies now added to WWV bandstack
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited September 2019
    Hi Robert

Unfortunately, due to my mistake, you are reading the release notes for PowerSDR not SmartSDR.   CHU is not on the WWV bandstack, but if you need them, you can add them to a radio memory.

Time transmissions are on on 3330, 7850 and 14670 in 2.8Khz AM.

If you listen in SSB, then they are only on USB and there is not audio on the LSB.

Mike

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    And on a 3rd laptop, uninstalled v2.5.1, installed v2.6.0. CAT would not run, the FlexVSP service is not running. It will not start because of a missing dependent service named ftvspenum. Opened helpdesk ticket.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for the info,,, any particular reason this can not be added to SmartSDR as it is convenient to have it in the menu.. I do have CHU in memories along with about 75 other frequencies, but having fast access is nice... I just sometimes enter the CHU 7850 directly... 

Robert
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited September 2019
    @Homer1952 If you're still having trouble, please open a helpdesk ticket.  We'll help you get it sorted out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.