Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Battery for Maestro

Lorenzo Mendini
Lorenzo Mendini Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Maestro
Hi anyone can suggest me some batteries packs suitable to insert in maestro? Many thanks and let e know. bye bye

Answers

• David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Lorenzo, I did a lot of research on this and tried a number of batteries.  This was the best in my opinion.  I got two of them for extended operating...  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073X3Q5LN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Lorenzo
    From the FLEX community there were some batteries suggested: This is one of them and sometimes on Amazon they have special discounts or you can order direct...External Battery Charger 10400mAh by Mogix Accessories with Two Universal USB Output Ports 
    I have two of them. 
  • Lorenzo Mendini
    edited July 2019
    many thanks,, another question, to re-charge this battery pack i must to remouve from maestro or not? if is not how to connect? Many thanks
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Polanfo M50000

• Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes you do....just plug the cable that comes with it into a USB port on the PC
    Neil    N4FN
  • Lorenzo Mendini
    edited July 2019
    ok, but i must remouve the pack from maestro, inside ther are only one usb.... please tae me a picture. many thanks
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Yes, unfortunately you would generally need to remove the battery in order to recharge.  I would use a high-capacity (2 A?) USB charger.  Many computer USB ports do not supply that much current, so a full recharge can take a long time.  If you need continuous operation, consider getting two batteries, as others have suggested.

I would hope that Maestro II (if it ever happens) would have better DC options, such as automatically recharging the Li-ion battery from the 12 V DC supply.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Here you go:
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/210311883-Suggested-Battery-Packs-for-Maestro

I use 3 battery packs.  One is always fully charged for swap out so that the Maestro stays on continuously.

The Maestros will probably never have a feature for charging battery packs because there is not a standard where all batteries can be charged while under load.  Charging a battery this way that does not support it may result in overheating and a fire.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.