Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bands switching audio

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
It is probably a silly question, but could someone explain me the logic of audio level changes when switching from active Slice A to Slice B.
Slice B has audio muted, but I am puzzled why would audio on slice A drops.
Both Slices use different antennas.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XsPuJv3rxoSld0qPNZjaYYefbPsUa43f
Thanks
Sergey

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    The signal levels are not the same between both panadapter.  The louder panadapter (top) has a higher noise floor and will have a louder volume and a consequence of that.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Hi Sergey, you have a different RX EQ profile for each receiver.  Make them the same, and you will not see this effect.
    Len, KD0RC
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    Better yet, use the AGC-T as this is that it is for.  The AGC-T is too high on the top panadapter so it is amplifying band noise.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Tim, I understand the noise level is different between 2 bands.
    But I am not listening 6m on that video, as you see on the video Speaker is Muted on 6m.
    So, expect to hear audio on Slice A without level changed. Am I wrong?

The reason I switch between them is to have control of the buttons and sliders for Bandwidth and was puzzled by audio effect.
    Thank you
    Sergey, KN7K
  • KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    Sergey, I notice in the video that your RX EQ settiings change when you select the 6M RX.  Could that be the issue?  Set the 6M RX EQ the same as the 160M RX EQ and see if that makes a difference.
    Len
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank you Len for reply.
    I am trying to understand why it is relevant if audio from Slice B is muted.
    This is my confusion point.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    Yep, I understand.  What I am suggesting is to set the RX EQ the same, and see if the issue clears.  If it does, it may indicate a bug in SmartSDR where it is using the wrong RX EQ.  If it does not clear it up, there may be something else like AGC-T or the ant preamp at play.  Which radio do you have?  I have a 6400, so I cannot adequately experiment with this because I have only one Spectral Capture Unit.

Len
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i have 6600

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.