band register 3 stack with qrg, mode, filter, dsp, presistence.

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Band registry with 3 registers for cw, digital/Rtty and SSB selections for each band with qrg, filter, dsp, etc. persistence.  such as used by ICOM and other mfgrs for easy switch to other setups simply by clicking on the same band again to step through the registries.  Not seen this suggestion but find this capability great on my IC7600 xcvr and would be great on flex 6000 xcvrs.
Photo of Carl/K5HK

Carl/K5HK

• 47 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Charles - K5UA

Charles - K5UA

• 319 Posts
  • 89 Reply Likes
Yes, stacking registers would be great. I'm pretty sure this has been proposed before.
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 881 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Yes it has been mentioned before but maybe its time to vote it up with this post.  Thanks for bringing this up again Carl.

Photo of Duane, AC5AA

Duane, AC5AA

• 459 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
This was the only post I could find in the community about bandstacking registers.  I am in agreement.  When I come back to 20m (for example), it's almost never to the same mode, or band segment I was in before.  So, a whole lot of "fiddly" stuff to do to get where I want to be.  It would be nice if I could just click on the "20" band button 3 or 4 times to cycle through the last freq/mode for each of those.  I'm used to 4 BSR's on my Orion, and I used them on each band for CW, PSK, RTTY, and SSB segments.  Yes, if there were 3, then I'd probably combine the PSK and RTTY since there doesn't appear to be the concept of FSK on the FLEX-6500.  But I'd still need to swap sidebands too... Anyway, just adding my vote to the above ones.  Because I switch bands a lot, this would be very helpful to me.
(Edited)
Photo of Ross W8TZ

Ross W8TZ

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I really miss the bandstacking memories. I used that feature in PowerSDR all the time. Love to see it in SmartSDR one of these days.
Photo of Lee

Lee

• 84 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes

Yes...I use that a lot on my Ten-Tec Orion II.

Please do it.

Thanks,

Lee