Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Band selection not working on 40m and 160m only

Options
Dave N2OA
Dave N2OA Member ✭✭
Last night I was switching bands and noticed that I could not directly select the 40m or the 160m bands. I could select all other bands without issue.

I came across this twice before since November 2018 and assumed since I had
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oS_bL6fu_A
found a post in the forum about the issue and corrective action that it was being addressed in the software. I had the same issue last night in the ver. 3 software so I guess whatever is causing this has not been resolved.

I understand that the current fix is to do a reset on the radio and that worked fine but hopefully the developers are aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

Dave
N2OA

Comments

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    You have expanded the pan adapter  spectrum settings beyond to  band limits (I assume 40), the band memory has stored your settings. 

Compress the pan adapter range down until you see only 40 meters on the pan-adapter.  Switch to another band then come back to 40 meters, you should now work as you desire.  Same for 160.  I have done this to.  The first time I did it, it took a long time to get the radio retrained

Gayle
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Happened to me once several months ago. A remove power and re-start fixed it. Never happened again.
  • Dave N2OA
    Dave N2OA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I never expanded the range beyond the bands, especially  by any large measure. After discovering the issue I did try to narrow each band to just a small segment, maybe 50 KHz on 40m and 160m and the issue still continued. Regardless , SSDR should know the bands and I shouldn't be able to mangle that setting. After all it's the band switch, not a band "memory" 
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The Flex has a feature that is called persistence, which remembers  the settings  band to band.  When you hit the band button the persistence feature is taking you to the previous settings.  Somehow the band data in the persistence memory was corrupted . The SSDR manual  tells you how to clear the persistence. ( Craig's fix) .  

I **** mine up by expanding the panadapter looking for interference that was coming from out of band and then not narrowing things back down before leaving, the Flex remembered that and took me back to a 10 MHz wide panadapter.  I got the radio back with out the reset but it was a pain.

Gayle

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.