Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

band markers

W4YXU
W4YXU Member
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
Would it be simple to add an attenuation value for a TNF of ZERO attenuation?  This would allow us to place wide or narrow markers (As personal preference desires), mark them to be remembered and with ZERO attenuation should have no effect on the signal heard.
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    That's a kludge.  What we really need is what PowerSDR had -- the bands marked by band class and even had transmit  inhibit at the appropriate band edges.

For openers, a simple change of color would do as we went through the various sub-bands.  It gets a bit tricky when you consider US versus other countries and so on, but in the end, it is just a set of number ranges to change a few colors.
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited April 2016
    I do totally agree that it is a kludge.  I suggest it as a simple kludge to add until one of the better ideas can be implemented.  This kludge could possibly be as small as two table entries, the length of the table and the value zero.

Jim
    W4YXU
  • Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    True, but neither solution (at least if we stick with color only, no enforcement to start) is significant in code cost. For mine, might even be able to generate most if the code from a little screen scraping. I did that sort of thing all the time. Even a "US for everyone" solution, just to get started, would not be horrible and at least gets the ball rolling.
  • Rick Zach K1RJZ
    Rick Zach K1RJZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yes, colored band edge markers will be of benefit to 100% of the customers no matter how they use the radio.
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Band markers and transmit inhibit is a great idea and as Rick says, will benefit everybody.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I always liked it in PSDR, when moving along the band you could see the edge, then when you go past it the radio would change band.
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Bill, I take it you mean that you could set PSDR so that it behaved as though it is an 'Amateur Bands' only radio?

I think that is an excellent idea - gets my vote.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The software is just like that, built in. You can not transmit outside the amateur bands, so when you get to the band marker and go over it the radio simply changes to a ww band for that freq.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.